The Student Room Group

What A-Levels are needed to study Law at Uni?

Hi, i am wondering what A- Levels are best to study if i want to study law at university. At the moment i am considering English language , English Literature and Religious studies but i am not keen on English Lit. so what options are best?
Reply 1
Original post by Zara2748
Hi, i am wondering what A- Levels are best to study if i want to study law at university. At the moment i am considering English language , English Literature and Religious studies but i am not keen on English Lit. so what options are best?

I’m starting Law at Oxford in October so hopefully I can be of assistance regardless of whether you want to apply to Oxbridge or not :smile:

History is always a really well regarded option because of the analytical skills that it helps you to develop which are crucial for a law degree. Essay-based subjects in general are preferred but most people have an eclectic mix of A-levels. My biggest piece of advice is that you need to study subjects that you enjoy. It’s virtually impossible to give yourself the required motivation to study for a subject that you don’t enjoy!
Reply 2
You can study any subjects. Why not look at universities you'd like to go to and look at their entry requirements for Law? that way, you wont miss out on any specific subject requirements. Work backwards.
Reply 3
Thank you this was helpful :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rugbee
You can study any subjects. Why not look at universities you'd like to go to and look at their entry requirements for Law? that way, you wont miss out on any specific subject requirements. Work backwards.

Hi, would you happen to know the entry requirements for Law at Bradford University? I have looked on the website but it does not say.
Reply 5
Requirements for Law at Bradford University are:

https://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/ug/law-llb/

120/BBB

Make sure you change the 'year of entry' to - 2019. if you leave it at 2018 it will keep directing you to clearing without showing what the entry requirements are.
Reply 6
Original post by Rugbee
Requirements for Law at Bradford University are:

https://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/ug/law-llb/

120/BBB

Make sure you change the 'year of entry' to - 2019. if you leave it at 2018 it will keep directing you to clearing without showing what the entry requirements are.

Thank you very much . This is all very new for me but would you mind explaining what UCAS points are.

Quick Reply

Latest