The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Accommodation Guide 2018 - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryujin2000
Hi, I am having trouble booking a time slot for arrival. It seems that I am unable to click on the time slot I want.

Hi ryujin2000,

I would suggest getting in touch with our Student Services team about this. You can email them at [email protected] or call them at +44 (0)1784 276641.

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by janeyjaney
Hi,
Quick question ☺️

I’ve accepted my accommodation offer for a post grad room in George Eliot. Can you please tell me if housemates are allocated completely randomly or not? I ended up in halls in the past where every other student spoke Chinese. They were lovely but it made it difficult to communicate.
Also, is there any scope for asking for a top floor room?

Hey there is a Large En-Suite at The Pad for 250£ per week if you're interested or any of your friends are. The room is currently under my name but due to personal reasons I will not heading to the university anymore. So if you or any friends are interested please let me know.
Are all corridors at founders single-sex or is there an option for mixed sex?
Original post by KataB2001
Are all corridors at founders single-sex or is there an option for mixed sex?

Hi KataB2001,

The corridors in Founder's are single-gendered, but there are a number of common areas and shared spaces that are available to be used by everyone so it's easy to meet other people from the other floors.

Hi,
I was wondering how easy it was to rearrange my living arrangements with Royal Holloway. On my UCAS application I put that I would be staying at home. However, I have now decided that I would like to stay away and I was wondering when and how I would go about changing this.

Many Thanks,
Vinay
Original post by Vinster2000
Hi,
I was wondering how easy it was to rearrange my living arrangements with Royal Holloway. On my UCAS application I put that I would be staying at home. However, I have now decided that I would like to stay away and I was wondering when and how I would go about changing this.

Many Thanks,
Vinay

Hi Vinay,

You don't need to make any changes as our Halls of Residences are open to all students. We'll send you information about applying for accommodation once you receive an offer from us.

Thanks Susana!
Original post by Vinster2000
Thanks Susana!

You're welcome! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I've accepted my place to study at RHL and I'm trying to book accomidation, but when I try to register with my student ID number it says it can't find my details? I'm using the ID from the application email but nothing is working?
Original post by Georgina_Pridham
I've accepted my place to study at RHL and I'm trying to book accomidation, but when I try to register with my student ID number it says it can't find my details? I'm using the ID from the application email but nothing is working?

Hi Georgina_Pridham,

Applications for accommodation will be open in Spring 2019 for September 2019 entry. We'll send you an email once the applications open.

Have you had a look at our accommodation options on our website?

Hello!

Are there any available photos of the shared Founders rooms? I've been looking around, but I can't find any consistent/modern pictures.

Also, are you able to move any of the furniture in the shared Founders rooms? I'm not planning on stealing anything!!! I was just wondering what was bolted down (e.g. bed configs, desks?) and what was more free-moving. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
Hello!

Are there any available photos of the shared Founders rooms? I've been looking around, but I can't find any consistent/modern pictures.

Also, are you able to move any of the furniture in the shared Founders rooms? I'm not planning on stealing anything!!! I was just wondering what was bolted down (e.g. bed configs, desks?) and what was more free-moving. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Jinkx Monsoon,

None of the furniture is bolted down in the rooms, but the furniture is heavy so we wouldn't recommend moving any furniture on your own.

I've also attached a couple of images of the shared room so you can have an idea of the general layout.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Reply 52
Hello!

The wardrobes are fixed to the walls but everything else is movable. You have to put it back each time you move out though.
Hi everyone,

A little festive notice: Royal Holloway will be closed from Saturday 22 December to Tuesday 1 January inclusive. Any questions will be picked up when the College opens on Wednesday 2 January.

We wish you all a happy holiday season!

Reply 54
hi! i have a couple of questions about accommodation. when applying for accommodation do you get to see different photos of the rooms? (sorry if this is an obvious question i just wanted to make sure) also, does the accommodation renting time cover freshers week? the start of the term is set for the 23rd of september 2019 for me and i just wasn’t sure if freshers week was included in that or not? i’d like to be able to attend freshers week to meet new people but i live over 100 miles away so i was just wondering (again, sorry if these are repetitive or obvious questions i just don’t know a lot about how accommodation works 😅)
Original post by clw0201
hi! i have a couple of questions about accommodation. when applying for accommodation do you get to see different photos of the rooms? (sorry if this is an obvious question i just wanted to make sure) also, does the accommodation renting time cover freshers week? the start of the term is set for the 23rd of september 2019 for me and i just wasn’t sure if freshers week was included in that or not? i’d like to be able to attend freshers week to meet new people but i live over 100 miles away so i was just wondering (again, sorry if these are repetitive or obvious questions i just don’t know a lot about how accommodation works 😅)

Accommodation always covers Freshers, don't worry! It's considered the first week of term, with courses officially starting in week 2.

What do you mean by different pictures? You can find a lot of sample rooms online if you search for them. Butler/Tuke/Williamson/Gowar/Wedderburn are all identical on the inside - I think Founders is the only one with real variation in room size and facilities.
Reply 56
Accommodation always covers Freshers, don't worry! It's considered the first week of term, with courses officially starting in week 2.

What do you mean by different pictures? You can find a lot of sample rooms online if you search for them. Butler/Tuke/Williamson/Gowar/Wedderburn are all identical on the inside - I think Founders is the only one with real variation in room size and facilities.

Ah alright thank you! I found a couple of photos of the rooms now I just wanted to see the room from different angles etc. but I ended up finding photos after I looked around.
Reply 57
How does the process of paying for accomodation work? I’ve seen that there’s a deposit you have to pay when you apply but is there anything else I need to know about (E.G. paying up front upon arrival)?
Original post by clw0201
How does the process of paying for accomodation work? I’ve seen that there’s a deposit you have to pay when you apply but is there anything else I need to know about (E.G. paying up front upon arrival)?

Hi clw0201,

Accommodation should be paid in termly instalments, with the dates included in your offer of accomodation. Once you have an offer of accommodation and if you have any questions about payment options, you will need to speak to our Student Fees Office at [email protected].

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
x

Hi,

I'm thinking about applying for a shared room in Founder's Hall. What are the shared rooms like? Is it easy to get food and a place to shower from the shared rooms? What's life in Founder's going to be like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending