The Student Room Group

IBM Graduate Management Consulting

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has applied to IBM's Graduate Business Consulting scheme for 2019 entry?

I have applied for the February - June entry, and yesterday received an email invitation to the HireVue - Pre Recorded Interview, but have still not received an email with the link to the interview. It says that I have 3 business days to complete the interview, but this has already been 1/2 business days since I received this email, and I have not received the link to begin the interview (I have checked my spam folder and the IBM portal only shows the invite email, not the link). I was wondering whether anyone had the same problem?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have made a mistake in the title of this thread! It should say IBM Graduate Business Consulting! Sorry!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey dude, hope you got the video interview sorted in the end. I have applied as well, on the application form after video interview now!
Reply 2
Original post by niallwilliamson
Hey dude, hope you got the video interview sorted in the end. I have applied as well, on the application form after video interview now!

I too received the application form a day after the video interview so does that mean we passed the video interview?
Original post by stulfc
I too received the application form a day after the video interview so does that mean we passed the video interview?

Yeah that was the impression I got, then one more screening after this before assessment centre
I had the same! I'm not sure that we've passed the video interview though, maybe that and the application form will be reviewed by a manager as one?
Reply 5
Does anyone have any tips for the personal statement?
Original post by stulfc
Does anyone have any tips for the personal statement?

That was the part I had a bit of trouble with as well. I just gave a kind of broad overview about degree and future aspirations and went into a lot more detail in the following questions
Reply 7
Original post by niallwilliamson
That was the part I had a bit of trouble with as well. I just gave a kind of broad overview about degree and future aspirations and went into a lot more detail in the following questions

Thanks and good luck.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Submitted the application now waiting for them to review it and hopefully invite me to the AC. Although their portal did update to say congratulations on your interview but at the same time got an email to say your application is being reviewed by a manager.
Original post by stulfc
Submitted the application now waiting for them to review it and hopefully invite me to the AC. Although their portal did update to say congratulations on your interview but at the same time got an email to say your application is being reviewed by a manager.

I don't think I ever received an email to say my application is being reviewed by a manager? 😣
Reply 10
Original post by ferrety_boy
I don't think I ever received an email to say my application is being reviewed by a manager? 😣

I submitted the app form yesterday and uploaded onto the portal. Got an email this morning to say they received it and will now pass on to a graduate manager to review. Then a follow up email to answer some questions like ethnicity that type of form.
Reply 11
Original post by ferrety_boy

Also, after uploading the form did you send the graduate team an email to confirm you've uploaded the form?
Original post by stulfc
I submitted the app form yesterday and uploaded onto the portal. Got an email this morning to say they received it and will now pass on to a graduate manager to review. Then a follow up email to answer some questions like ethnicity that type of form.

ok awesome, I will send an email to double check they received my previous email and my application form! cheers for the update :smile:
Original post by stulfc
Also, after uploading the form did you send the graduate team an email to confirm you've uploaded the form?

yeah I did! but didn't receive a reply from them :frown: I've sent them another message, so hopefully they're not ignoring me!
when's the deadline for this?
Hi guys! Just wondering what the pre-recorded interview is like in terms of the number of questions they ask? Cheers!
Original post by ElMead123
Hi guys! Just wondering what the pre-recorded interview is like in terms of the number of questions they ask? Cheers!

Wasn't many at all think it was 3 or 4
Reply 17
Anyone heard back after submitting application form? Anyone got an idea of how long it will take us to get a reply?
Reply 18
Just got an email to say I have been rejected. Really gutted not to make it to the AC as I spent time doing those questions and had my careers advisor at uni to check it. I think my last question on VI must've been the reason.

That's my 3rd rejection today after Stage 3 of EY (despite good feedback) and accenture. Trying to say positive amidst these rejections and hoping I get my chance soon.
Reply 19
Keep your head up!! Plenty of other jobs out there!! How long did it take them to reply to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending