The Student Room Group

Dental School Interview: Manual Dexterity (2019 Applicants)

For all of you people in Year 12, looking to go into dentistry. Post your gcse results below to compare the fierceness of the competition for places ahead in 2019 when we apply to dental schools of our choice.

Something else I was keen and interested in- how are you guys going to show manual dexterity? Do we need to? Thanks!
In year 13 right now, 10A* 2A, 740 UKCAT Band 2... for manual dexterity i'm going to bring some sewing i have done to show the panel; it could be a good idea idk lol :/ . Its not worth bringing anything in for an MMI, as there wont be time for the interviewers to look, unless the university asks. Just write about it in your personal statement.
Reply 2
8A* 1A 2B 625 Band 2 AAA
I did gcse art so i might bring in some old artwork for the MMI but i did talk about it in my personal statement, i dont have any panels.
Original post by ash__
8A* 1A 2B 625 Band 2 AAA
I did gcse art so i might bring in some old artwork for the MMI but i did talk about it in my personal statement, i dont have any panels.

What universities are you applying to? And how would you go about taking artwork to an mmi Because their are so many stations and with such short time?
Reply 4
Original post by sachind01
What universities are you applying to? And how would you go about taking artwork to an mmi Because their are so many stations and with such short time?

kcl bham manchester and bristol

as for the artwork, im not sure if im honest, maybe I can print out pictures of some of my larger paintings or just bring in a few A4 sketches and things ive done and only show them at relevant stations if that makes sense.

wbu? where are you applying?
Original post by ash__
kcl bham manchester and bristol

as for the artwork, im not sure if im honest, maybe I can print out pictures of some of my larger paintings or just bring in a few A4 sketches and things ive done and only show them at relevant stations if that makes sense.

wbu? where are you applying?

I'm applying to Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield and Cardiff. what are your predicteds?
Reply 6
I'm applying to Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield and Cardiff. what are your predicteds?

nice nice! my predictions are only AAA so im a bit worried about KCL. what are your predictions and ukcat?
Original post by ash__
nice nice! my predictions are only AAA so im a bit worried about KCL. what are your predictions and ukcat?

My predictions are A*A*A* And my ukcat was 735 Band 2. don't Manchester rank by ukcat?
Reply 8
My predictions are A*A*A* And my ukcat was 735 Band 2. don't Manchester rank by ukcat?

oh wow thats amazing! good job :smile:
and honestly mate i have no idea, it was between manchester and cardiff for my 4th and i thought manchester just because even if cardiff give me an offer i feel like i wouldnt enjoy it there. Im prob gonna end up reapplying assuming i do well this year just to get a better ukcat, not expecting any interviews lol
Original post by ash__
oh wow thats amazing! good job :smile:
and honestly mate i have no idea, it was between manchester and cardiff for my 4th and i thought manchester just because even if cardiff give me an offer i feel like i wouldnt enjoy it there. Im prob gonna end up reapplying assuming i do well this year just to get a better ukcat, not expecting any interviews lol

have you got any interviews yet?
Reply 10
have you got any interviews yet?

birmingham interview :smile: bristol hold and kcl rejection. wbu? i assume ud have a few based on your stats

Quick Reply

Latest