The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

My science and french predicted grades will probably be around grade 5 however my other subjects will be grade 7/8/9 will this prevent me from getting into a grammar school?
Original post by danixoxno1o-d
My science and french predicted grades will probably be around grade 5 however my other subjects will be grade 7/8/9 will this prevent me from getting into a grammar school?

Depends.
Have you looked at the target schools entrance requirements? You might still be able to put in a good application and they will take other things into account. I wouldnt worry and just get on with getting the best grades you can.
Original post by 999tigger
Depends.
Have you looked at the target schools entrance requirements? You might still be able to put in a good application and they will take other things into account. I wouldnt worry and just get on with getting the best grades you can.

Okay thank you !
I got to a grammar school (Y13). What some external students in my year did was call up the school on results day if they had good GCSE results, and my school let them in, even though they weren't offered a place at the start.
It really shouldn't matter, as long as you're not planning to study french or science at a-level. If you want to do that, you might need a 6 or 7...
But yeah, check the entry requirements and try and do the best you can :smile:
Lots of schools only look at your top 6 to 8 exam results or take an average - or just look at the subjects you're taking for A Level. For example, my local grammar school takes an average of your 8 top exam marks and if it is a 7 or higher then you get in (which is definitely achievable for you).
It does vary from school to school, but as long as you get good grades in the subjects you want to take for A level, then it should be alright.
Good luck, and remember that you have plenty of time to work on your marks anyway
Original post by awanderingpixel
Lots of schools only look at your top 6 to 8 exam results or take an average - or just look at the subjects you're taking for A Level. For example, my local grammar school takes an average of your 8 top exam marks and if it is a 7 or higher then you get in (which is definitely achievable for you).
It does vary from school to school, but as long as you get good grades in the subjects you want to take for A level, then it should be alright.
Good luck, and remember that you have plenty of time to work on your marks anyway

Thanks !!!

Quick Reply

Latest