The Student Room Group

Reapplying to Med School

Should I reapply with predicted grades even though I already have my actual grades (didn't meet requirements)?

I am planning on retaking my exams next year (May/June 2024) but I would like to apply this year. Is that possible or do I need to wait until I have my actual results, meaning I have to apply next year.
Reply 1
Original post by naturalforest
Should I reapply with predicted grades even though I already have my actual grades (didn't meet requirements)?

I am planning on retaking my exams next year (May/June 2024) but I would like to apply this year. Is that possible or do I need to wait until I have my actual results, meaning I have to apply next year.

I'm pretty sure you can put achieved grades fo the ones you're happy with and predicted for the ones resitting
Reply 2
Original post by Ajdj12
I'm pretty sure you can put achieved grades fo the ones you're happy with and predicted for the ones resitting

Is that possible? I did meet the requirements for Biology but I'm still planning on resitting all the subjects since most unis require them to completed together in a sitting.
Yes, you can reapply with your achieved grades and predictions for those you’re retaking.
Reply 4
Is that possible? I did meet the requirements for Biology but I'm still planning on resitting all the subjects since most unis require them to completed together in a sitting.

You will have to put all achieved grades down.

Then put the predicted grades foe those that you are resitting.

If only one is below an A am not sure why you would wish / need to resit th all ?. I would read the resit olicies very carefully. Some will only accept resits with extenuating circumstances, some with only a certain level of achieved grades and some only one or two resits max.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, you can reapply with your achieved grades and predictions for those you’re retaking.

Thanks. As for predictions, can these be provided by a tutor? I've already graduated from high school so my high school is unable to provide predicted grades.
Reply 6
Original post by GGIN
You will have to put all achieved grades down.

Then put the predicted grades foe those that you are resitting.

If only one is below an A am not sure why you would wish / need to resit th all ?. I would read the resit olicies very carefully. Some will only accept resits with extenuating circumstances, some with only a certain level of achieved grades and some only one or two resits max.

As for predictions, can these be provided by a tutor? I've already graduated from high school so my high school is unable to provide predicted grades.
Reply 7
As for predictions, can these be provided by a tutor? I've already graduated from high school so my high school is unable to provide predicted grades.

I believe so yes. Ask them.
Thanks. As for predictions, can these be provided by a tutor? I've already graduated from high school so my high school is unable to provide predicted grades.

Yes, if the tutor is comfortable providing them.
Reply 9
Yes, if the tutor is comfortable providing them.

May I ask how would tutors usually provide predicted grades to the universities? Would it be in a letter for example.
Reply 10
Hi
You will have to put all your achieved grades down. You can’t just put down the ones that you prefer or aren’t resitting. You can then also put down predicted grades ( which can be provided by a tutor) for those that you are resitting. Check the resit policy of the unis that you are reapplying for very carefully. Generally, it is not worth resitting if you get an A. Is it it more impressive to get an A on first attempt or a an A* on second attempt 🤷*♀️
Original post by CAG575
Hi
You will have to put all your achieved grades down. You can’t just put down the ones that you prefer or aren’t resitting. You can then also put down predicted grades ( which can be provided by a tutor) for those that you are resitting. Check the resit policy of the unis that you are reapplying for very carefully. Generally, it is not worth resitting if you get an A. Is it it more impressive to get an A on first attempt or a an A* on second attempt 🤷*♀️

May I ask how would tutors usually provide predicted grades to the universities? Would it be in a letter for example.
Reply 12

Who will be giving you a reference for the reapplication? If this is a teacher at your old school, which I am presuming you will be using as an exam centre, then the tutor should provide the predicted grades to your referee and they will enter them. If it is your tutor that will be acting as your referee then they would sign in to ucas directly and provide the predicted grades themselves.

Either:

You nominate the tutor as your referee OR

You nominate someone from your previous school and ask your tutor to liase with them to give your predictions

Original post by CAG575
Who will be giving you a reference for the reapplication? If this is a teacher at your old school, which I am presuming you will be using as an exam centre, then the tutor should provide the predicted grades to your referee and they will enter them. If it is your tutor that will be acting as your referee then they would sign in to ucas directly and provide the predicted grades themselves.

Thanks for your help. My teachers at my old school would probably give me the references. Would it be possible to use the same reference letter as last year?
Either:

You nominate the tutor as your referee OR

You nominate someone from your previous school and ask your tutor to liase with them to give your predictions

Got it, so typically referee's will be the ones that provide/pass on our predicted grades?
Reply 16
Got it, so typically referee's will be the ones that provide/pass on our predicted grades?

Yes, the referee logs on to that part of UCAS and enters your reference and predicted grades. You should not use the same reference as last year as your situation has changed. You can use the same referee as last year, but they should write a new reference.
Original post by CAG575
Yes, the referee logs on to that part of UCAS and enters your reference and predicted grades. You should not use the same reference as last year as your situation has changed. You can use the same referee as last year, but they should write a new reference.

Thanks. Would it be okay if my school provides me with my predicted grades even though I've already graduated?
Reply 18
If they are happy to do so, then yes
Reply 19

Unless you have written confirmation from a university stating that you have to resit them all, you’re very likely basing this on incomplete information. You most likely don’t have to resit them all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending