The Student Room Group

Resit Predicted Grades

Hello!
So I sat my A Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology in 2022 however I plan on resitting my Chemistry next year as I am only one grade away from the requirements of the course I want to do

I was wondering whether I need to provide predicted grades for my resit exam as I have contacted my school and they want to predict me a C however I achieved a grade C so don't see the point in predicting me a grade I have already achieved.
Would it be possible to not provide predicted grades for a resit exam?
Original post by MagicalKiwi123

Would it be possible to not provide predicted grades for a resit exam?

Yes, this would not be unusual.
Original post by gdunne42
Yes, this would not be unusual.

So I don't need predicted grades at all?

I just find it strange my teacher is trying to predict me a grade I already achieved xd
So I don't need predicted grades at all?

I just find it strange my teacher is trying to predict me a grade I already achieved xd

If you are retaking independently it is a pretty standard practice for school referees to only predict the grade you already achieved. If they are not teaching you, they have no evidence to do anything else. Universities are used to seeing applications from independent retakers without grade predictions from referees.
Okay, so can I just ask my school to not put any predicted grades at all then?
Okay, so can I just ask my school to not put any predicted grades at all then?

Discuss it with your referee, but yes.
Original post by gdunne42
Discuss it with your referee, but yes.

Okay, thank you so much! I will speak to my school about the possibility of not including predicted grades because if I'm resitting it'll be quite clear to the universities I plan on improving my grade ahah
Reply 7
Hi, I just want to follow up with this conversation. Did you receive offers from unis, despite having no predicted grades? If so, how many and where, if you don't mind me asking. You don't have to answer that if you don't want to though, I understand I'm being a bit too nosey! Haha
Okay, thank you so much! I will speak to my school about the possibility of not including predicted grades because if I'm resitting it'll be quite clear to the universities I plan on improving my grade ahah
Original post by Johnster
Hi, I just want to follow up with this conversation. Did you receive offers from unis, despite having no predicted grades? If so, how many and where, if you don't mind me asking. You don't have to answer that if you don't want to though, I understand I'm being a bit too nosey! Haha

Hey, no worries! I did end up getting quite a few offers from uni's despite not giving predicted grades :smile: I got an offer from Sheffield for Korean Studies with Japanese which is my top choice uni and will be going next year! I also got offers from Cardiff and SOAS :smile: I was going to go this year but didn't feel ready to yet so I have this year to save up and potentially travel!

Quick Reply

Latest