The Student Room Group

Can you apply to medicine without predicted grades? (UK)

Can you apply to medicine without predicted grades? I am currently taking a gap year and because I am no longer a student at my school, they are unable to give me predicted grades. I won't be applying with my achieved grades as they do not meet the conditions.

I will still apply with my UCAT score, academic transcript, personal statement etc. but I will not have predicted scores. Will universities still accept my application?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by naturalforest
Can you apply to medicine without predicted grades? I am currently taking a gap year and because I am no longer a student at my school, they are unable to give me predicted grades.

I will still apply with my UCAT score, academic transcript, personal statement etc. but I will not have predicted scores. Will universities still accept my application?

If you’re on a gap year surely you already have all your grades so wouldn’t need predictions?
If you already have your grades then you put in your actual grades and don't need to fill in the information for predicted
Can you apply to medicine without predicted grades? I am currently taking a gap year and because I am no longer a student at my school, they are unable to give me predicted grades.

(Moved to the medicine forum)

Do you mean that you will be retaking some subjects outside of your college?

As above, if you are applying with achieved grades only, you won't need predictions.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
(Moved to the medicine forum)

Do you mean that you will be retaking some subjects outside of your college?

As above, if you are applying with achieved grades only, you won't need predictions.

Thanks for the response. I am planning on retaking my exams as I did not meet the conditions. So I won't be applying with achieved grades.
Reply 5
Original post by Feeb_05
If you’re on a gap year surely you already have all your grades so wouldn’t need predictions?

Unfortunately I did not meet the conditions so I won't be reapplying with the achieved grades. The problem right now is in order for me to reapply I would normally need predicted grades right?
Reply 6
Original post by Jess_Lomas
If you already have your grades then you put in your actual grades and don't need to fill in the information for predicted

Unfortunately I didn't meet the conditions so I won't reapply with my achieved grades. Do you think I could reapply without my predicted grades?
Unfortunately I didn't meet the conditions so I won't reapply with my achieved grades. Do you think I could reapply without my predicted grades?

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure that if your resitting you have to declare the previous results somewhere
At least that happened to the other people who I knew that ended up resitting
Unfortunately I did not meet the conditions so I won't be reapplying with the achieved grades. The problem right now is in order for me to reapply I would normally need predicted grades right?

Ordinarily, yes. But if you are not being tutored then there's no way to provide them and uni's are used to this. As above, you still need to enter your existing grades, as well as the pending retakes.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
Ordinarily, yes. But if you are not being tutored then there's no way to provide them and uni's are used to this. As above, you still need to enter your existing grades, as well as the pending retakes.

Would the absence of predicted grades affect my application? Should I explain my situation in my personal statement?
Would the absence of predicted grades affect my application? Should I explain my situation in my personal statement?

You'd have to ask the uni the first question, (for most courses it wouldn't, but medicine is a different kettle of fish). It would usually be better for your ref to explain why predictions couldn't be provided.
Reply 11
Can you apply to medicine without predicted grades? I am currently taking a gap year and because I am no longer a student at my school, they are unable to give me predicted grades. I won't be applying with my achieved grades as they do not meet the conditions.

i think you would have to apply after you got your grades after you've resat them.
- Email the unis they will respond quick.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending