The Student Room Group

Missed grade for uni but still got in?

Did anyone miss there grade but still get into there uni? And if you dont mind can you tell me the grade u got and what you needed and the subject.
Original post by Rainyzack
Did anyone miss there grade but still get into there uni? And if you dont mind can you tell me the grade u got and what you needed and the subject.

Is there a reason why you are asking this? Can we help you? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
Is there a reason why you are asking this? Can we help you? :smile:

Kinda I'm mainly just worried i wont have the predicted grades needed to get into uni. And even if I do im worried that I wont be able to meet the grade needed mainly for physics.
Reply 3
i needed ABB and i got BCC and they let me in. a lot of non - russel group unis are more lenient on grades, but it does depend course by course
Kinda I'm mainly just worried i wont have the predicted grades needed to get into uni. And even if I do im worried that I wont be able to meet the grade needed mainly for physics.

Are you applying to university for 2024 entry?
What are your predicted grades?
What grades do you need for university?
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
Are you applying to university for 2024 entry?
What are your predicted grades?
What grades do you need for university?

Yes I want to apply for the 2024 entry. My predicted grade is A*AB but I need A*AA/AAA for the university I want to apply for. I have a guaranteed offer for one of them but I still need to reach the entry requirement AAA to get it in. But I'm not sure if I can get my teacher to increase my B to an A.(physics).
Yes I want to apply for the 2024 entry. My predicted grade is A*AB but I need A*AA/AAA for the university I want to apply for. I have a guaranteed offer for one of them but I still need to reach the entry requirement AAA to get it in. But I'm not sure if I can get my teacher to increase my B to an A.(physics).

Right, so you are one grade off. You could always put it down as an aspirational choice.

Usually there are another set of mocks before UCAS applications are sent off. Work hard from September to January and hopefully your teacher will increase your prediction.

When choosing university options, I suggest:

Option 1
2 universities with slightly higher entry requirements than your predicted grades
2 universities with the same entry requirements as your predicted grades
1 university with a slightly lower entry requirement than your predicted grades

or

Option 2
1 university with a slightly higher entry requirement than your predicted grades
2 universities with slightly lower entry requirements than your predicted grades

Option 1 is better if you want to take a risk. Option 2 is better if you would rather play it safe.

This is what you should be looking for when choosing universities:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/w...urses-and-unis

This is how to avoid 5 rejections:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
Right, so you are one grade off. You could always put it down as an aspirational choice.

Usually there are another set of mocks before UCAS applications are sent off. Work hard from September to January and hopefully your teacher will increase your prediction.

When choosing university options, I suggest:

Option 1
2 universities with slightly higher entry requirements than your predicted grades
1 university with a slightly lower entry requirement than your predicted grades

or

Option 2
1 university with a slightly higher entry requirement than your predicted grades
2 universities with slightly lower entry requirements than your predicted grades

Option 1 is better if you want to take a risk. Option 2 is better if you would rather play it safe.

This is what you should be looking for when choosing universities:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/w...urses-and-unis

This is how to avoid 5 rejections:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections

Thank you for the help/recommendation

Quick Reply

Latest