The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2019

Scroll to see replies

Hi. Is there anyone from India for Msc Data Science?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Hi, I hope it's not late but I'm thinking of applying to Royal Holloway. I did some research and I found it to be a university that offers the degrees and life I wanted.

I was wondering if I could have more information on Law with International Studies and a year in industry.

I was also wondering about career prospects after graduating.

Thank you!
Original post by just_ranzel
Hi, I hope it's not late but I'm thinking of applying to Royal Holloway. I did some research and I found it to be a university that offers the degrees and life I wanted.

I was wondering if I could have more information on Law with International Studies and a year in industry.

I was also wondering about career prospects after graduating.

Thank you!

Hi just_ranzel,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us.

Our School of Law and School of Politics, International Relations and Philosophy have excellent reputations for research and teaching, and for engaging with policy makers in the legal professions and government, public bodies, journalists and other opinion forums.

The LLB Law with International Relations with a Year in Industry is for anyone who is looking to start a career in the law or in public affairs. You'll gain an extensive knowledge of the foundations and content of the law of England and Wales and learn about the latest developments in both law and global politics.

Graduates from our School of Law have gone on to enter into a range of professional careers including Solicitor/Barrister, Social Worker, Local Government Officer and Police, Prison and Probation Officers.

If you'd like to speak to a current Law student, I would recommend speaking to Alex on our website here. He'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the School of Law.

Susana :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi,

I have applied for an MSc in Clinical psychology at Royal Holloway. Everything I have read said I'll hear in 10 working days but it has now been longer than that? Shall I just wait as I know it's a busy time of year or get into contact with admissions??

Thanks,

Megan
Original post by megandunnage
Hi,

I have applied for an MSc in Clinical psychology at Royal Holloway. Everything I have read said I'll hear in 10 working days but it has now been longer than that? Shall I just wait as I know it's a busy time of year or get into contact with admissions??

Thanks,

Megan

Hi Megan,

Due to the large volume of applications we are receiving at the moment, the response time is slower than usual.

Have you had a chance to visit the campus?

Hi everyone,

Royal Holloway will be hosting an Online Open Day on Wednesday 12 December from 2-4pm (UK time) that you might be interested in attending. It's an opportunity to chat to current students and support staff as well as explore our campus through our new Virtual Experience.

You can book your place here and if you have any questions, I've set up a thread for this event here.

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi everyone!

This is a thread for all applicants thinking of studying at Royal Holloway in 2019. Feel free to ask any questions, or just to introduce yourself. :hello:

Here's a few questions to get you get started:

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? (Feel free to share any pictures of campus you might have!)

Thomas, Jane and guests 600x270.jpg

Want more information about Royal Holloway? You can order a prospectus here.

Hi there
Im applying to accounting finance at Royal holloway i recieved ABB at my AS and i am predicted ABB. I take history economics and sociology and i got a B in ig math and B in english language. The requirement is AAB/ABB would i get an offer? Also how is the accounting finance job prospects do people get into top accounting firms? Thanks
Hi! I’ve applied to do Psychology, Clinical Psychology and mental heath at RH. My application was received about 2 days ago. I know this isn’t very long, but I was just wondering what the general response time was? I have read above that it is a bit slower than usual at the moment
Original post by Ayousef00
Hi there
Im applying to accounting finance at Royal holloway i recieved ABB at my AS and i am predicted ABB. I take history economics and sociology and i got a B in ig math and B in english language. The requirement is AAB/ABB would i get an offer? Also how is the accounting finance job prospects do people get into top accounting firms? Thanks

Hi Ayousef00,

We consider all applications as a whole including your predicted grades, personal statement and reference statements. If you'd like to speak to our Admissions team, you can email them at [email protected].

At Royal Holloway, our BSc Accounting and Finance graduates have gone on to enter accounting firms, investment banks, trusts and government departments with roles such as financial analyst, finance broker, government economist and trainee chartered accountant. Graduate appointments have included Associate at Ernst and Young, Trainee Accountant at Garners Chartered Accountants and Financial Analyst at Johnson and Johnson.

Original post by katie091000
Hi! I’ve applied to do Psychology, Clinical Psychology and mental heath at RH. My application was received about 2 days ago. I know this isn’t very long, but I was just wondering what the general response time was? I have read above that it is a bit slower than usual at the moment

Hi katie091000,

The average response time is usually within 10 working days, but as we are receiving a large volume of applications it may take longer than usual.

Hi, does the Royal Holloway admissions team accept an additional email personal statement if we are applying for two different subjects?
Original post by happyaries01
Hi, does the Royal Holloway admissions team accept an additional email personal statement if we are applying for two different subjects?

Hi Happyaries01,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying with us!

You would only be able to submit one personal statement to our admissions team. If the two subjects you are interested in are related to each other, you could write a personal statement that accommodates both subjects. For example, if you were interested in History and Politics it would be easy to blend both interests into one personal statement. However, this would be more difficult to do if the subjects you are interested in are very different. If this was the case, I would recommend researching the subjects you are interested in and either choose one of them or find another course that could accommodate both of your preferences. If you would like to speak to our admissions team, you can contact them at [email protected].

What subjects are you thinking about studying?

Mairead
Reply 32
Hello. My daughter received an offer from RH today via UCAS Track, which she is delighted about. There is nothing on the RH applicant portal other than the status of her application as being received. Should she expect to see that site updated, or receive an email? Thank you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by DMP
Hello. My daughter received an offer from RH today via UCAS Track, which she is delighted about. There is nothing on the RH applicant portal other than the status of her application as being received. Should she expect to see that site updated, or receive an email? Thank you.

Hi DMP,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm delighted your daughter is interested in studying here. I recently graduated from Royal Holloway and really enjoyed my time studying here.

Sometimes our systems can take a little while to update, but if the applicant portal has not updated, I would recommend that your daughter contacts our admissions team at [email protected] or she can call them on 01784 414944.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Mairead :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi DMP,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm delighted your daughter is interested in studying here. I recently graduated from Royal Holloway and really enjoyed my time studying here.

Sometimes our systems can take a little while to update, but if the applicant portal has not updated, I would recommend that your daughter contacts our admissions team at [email protected] or she can call them on 01784 414944.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Mairead :smile:

Thank you
Hi! I'm Georgina (from Cardiff) and I revived an unconditional offer to study geology! I'm super excited to study here! :smile::danceboy:
Hi

i was planning on applying to Royal Holloway for psychology and when i went to the open day it seemed like a wonderful uni to attend.
However the only problem is that it is expensive to travel to from central London. i was wondering if there is an cost efficient way of getting there everyday without spending £300.00 on travel per month
Original post by Georgina_Pridham
Hi! I'm Georgina (from Cardiff) and I revived an unconditional offer to study geology! I'm super excited to study here! :smile::danceboy:

Congratulations Georgina_Pirdham !! :thumbsup: That's great news - we can't wait to welcome you to Royal Holloway!

Lara :h:
Original post by mishisweet
Hi

i was planning on applying to Royal Holloway for psychology and when i went to the open day it seemed like a wonderful uni to attend.
However the only problem is that it is expensive to travel to from central London. i was wondering if there is an cost efficient way of getting there everyday without spending £300.00 on travel per month

Hi mishisweet,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our recent Open Day! :smile: If you did have any more questions about studying Psychology, you can chat to current student, Lucy.

If you chose to commute to uni, you definitely won't be alone - lots of our students decide to live off campus or at home throughout their time at Royal Holloway. At the beginning of term we also hold a Commuter Welcome Talk, which gives you a chance to meet other students and find potential train buddies!

I know that travel can be expensive, but I'd definitely recommend looking into a 16-25 railcard which can save you around 30% discount on Standard Anytime, Off-Peak, Standard Advanced and First Class Advanced rail fares anywhere in the UK. Also, if your journey would require the tube, the 18+ Oyster Card can also save you a lot. I've heard from others that make the journey that it works out cheaper to buy a ticket each day rather than a season ticket, as you may find that you're not in everyday of the week/Christmas/Easter/Summer, so that's definitely something to keep in mind. Also if you are choosing to live at home, you'll be saving a lot of money on accommodation and your maintenance loan can help with the travel costs.

Hopefully one of our current commuter students can give you a better insight on costs, but I hope I have helped a bit :smile:

Best wishes,
Lara :h:
What course will you be applying for? Bio medical science
How are you feeling about starting uni? Hoping to get offers soon
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? (Feel free to share any pictures of campus you might have!) - International student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending