The Student Room Group

Geography A Level - What topics do you do?

I do AQA so obviously do the compulsory ones:

Water and Carbon Cycles
Global Systems and Governence
Changing Places

The optional ones that our school do are:

Coastal Systems and Landscapes
Hazards
Population and the Environment

Are you happy with the topics your school does?

For me, I would have preferred to do the glacial systems rather than the coast systems, but I am fine with the other optional topics.
At my school we do edexcel. At AS we do regenerating places, globalisation, coasts and tectonics.

And at A Level we do glaciers and diverse places.

I actually really enjoy the edexcel geography course :smile:
Original post by studytheblurb
At my school we do edexcel. At AS we do regenerating places, globalisation, coasts and tectonics.

And at A Level we do glaciers and diverse places.

I actually really enjoy the edexcel geography course :smile:

Sounds fairly similar to AQA.

I'm glad to hear that you are liking it! Which topic is your favourite and which would you not do if you had the choice?
As I’m only in year 12 right now we have only covered tectonics and coasts so far and At first I hated tectonics but now I really like it haha :smile: but I think my favourite is actually coasts but I think it’s probably because I live near the coast so it’s more relevant to me personally. What is your favourite topic ?
As I’m only in year 12 right now we have only covered tectonics and coasts so far and At first I hated tectonics but now I really like it haha :smile: but I think my favourite is actually coasts but I think it’s probably because I live near the coast so it’s more relevant to me personally. What is your favourite topic ?

Only in Year 12 like you, but my favourite at the moment is Hazards. I love learning about it even though some of it is a bit confusing. My least favourite will probably be coasts. I also live near the coats, but we did it at GCSE and I just found it boring. I don't really care about it that much. I am liking the Population and the Environment topic as it is quite varied, although we have just been learning about soils. That is 100% dull.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Only in Year 12 like you, but my favourite at the moment is Hazards. I love learning about it even though some of it is a bit confusing. My least favourite will probably be coasts. I also live near the coats, but we did it at GCSE and I just found it boring. I don't really care about it that much. I am liking the Population and the Environment topic as it is quite varied, although we have just been learning about soils. That is 100% dull.

To be honest coasts did drag on quite a lot lol but I still enjoyed it :smile: what other subjects do you do ???
(edited 5 years ago)
To be honest coasts did drag on quite a lot lol but I still enjoyed it :smile: what other subjects do you do ???

Chemistry, Biology, and Maths. Somehow managing with 4 at the moment but doubt this will last :smile:

What about you?
Psychology, art and English language. Literally same lol doing 4 subjects is so stressful 😬 next year I am definitely dropping a subject as I can’t cope with 4 subjects in year 13. What about you?
Psychology, art and English language. Literally same lol doing 4 subjects is so stressful 😬 next year I am definitely dropping a subject as I can’t cope with 4 subjects in year 13. What about you?

I am so glad I'm not doing a full essay or art subject, I would completely fail!

At the moment I am fine, but I'm guessing that I will end up dropping one next year.
Original post by Goldfish4343
I am so glad I'm not doing a full essay or art subject, I would completely fail!

At the moment I am fine, but I'm guessing that I will end up dropping one next year.

Haha :smile: cool:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest