The Student Room Group

I hate everything about A Level Geography (Edexcel) help me fall back in love with it

I adored geography at GCSE (AQA) and came out with a 9 with minimal effort and little to no revision.
Here I am now, 2 months into year 13 absolutely distraught with this course. my true passions lie with art, my other subjects are Graphics and Art - so why am I struggling so much with the only subject i have to study for?
If anyone else is feeling the same way or has any advice i'd be so grateful. i need to start loving geography again before exams come around...
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
i dont see a link? do you mind resending it please? thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Etheriel
I adored geography at GCSE (AQA) and came out with a 9 with minimal effort and little to no revision.
Here I am now, 2 months into year 13 absolutely distraught with this course. my true passions lie with art, my other subjects are Graphics and Art - so why am I struggling so much with the only subject i have to study for?
If anyone else is feeling the same way or has any advice i'd be so grateful. i need to start loving geography again before exams come around...

I’m in the same boat, except I’m doing AQA.

Even though I kind of hate the A level subject because it doesn’t focus on topics I’m particularly interested in, doing work experience made me enjoy geography a lot more.

I would recommend looking at geography from a non a level perspective. Maybe focus on topics you DO like by reading books and watching YouTube videos/documentaries that are completely separate from the exam specification. This would also be good for wider knowledge that can be used in your exams.
Reply 4

hey look im in a similar situation, i took chem, bio and geography because i thought it would go well together. bio and chem are great but geography seems to be just the same gcse topics but they are just so boring. I worry that i may have cut more career off at the legs because of that subject and i was going to change to maths but my school wouldn't let me.
try deviating from different study methods, I always do posters and flashcards and flow diagrams because X causes Y which somehow always causes global warming lmao. Make studying more interactive and it becomes less of a chore for sure

Quick Reply

Latest