The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Geography - Uni of Aberdeen

Hello! :smile:

I was wondering if there is anyone here who is currently studying Geography at the University of Aberdeen and could maybe tell me a bit about the course.
I read all about it on the website, but I would appreciate a deeper insight - aka what topics you're studying exactly, whether you enjoy your course and why, if you would recommend it, and maybe even what career options you'll have with it.

Hope to hear back from someone :smile:
Reply 1
Hello,

I do have applied for Geography in Aberdeen! My friends who study there have never met a Geography student :biggrin: so I'm keen to follow this thread.

Where else have you applied?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by floraa02
Hello,

I do have applied for Geography in Aberdeen! My friends who study there have never met a Geography student :biggrin: so I'm keen to follow this thread.

Where else have you applied?

I only applied to Aberdeen because I already studied there in 2016 but then dropped out. Because I didn't apply through UCAS but through their internal readmission forms, I already got accepted as well :smile:
I applied for Sociology, but I'll still have the option to add Geography later on. Where else have you applied and is Aberdeen your first choice?
Reply 3
Aw congratulations! That sounds great for you, how exciting. I'm growing impatient as a few of my classmates have heard back from Aberdeen already.

I've also applied to Dundee, Heriot Watt and St Andrews. I am yet to visit Dundee and Heriot Watt - however Aberdeen may well be my first choice - I think its a lovely uni with a great atmosphere and welcoming feel.

St Andrews is a lovely place but I'm doubtful I'd get in and I think I prefer Aberdeen anyway!
Reply 4
Aw congratulations! That sounds great for you, how exciting. I'm growing impatient as a few of my classmates have heard back from Aberdeen already.

I've also applied to Dundee, Heriot Watt and St Andrews. I am yet to visit Dundee and Heriot Watt - however Aberdeen may well be my first choice - I think its a lovely uni with a great atmosphere and welcoming feel.

St Andrews is a lovely place but I'm doubtful I'd get in and I think I prefer Aberdeen anyway!

Don't worry, when I first applied in 2016 it also took ages to hear from them :smile:

Maybe I'll see you in September then :smile: I'm sure you'll get in :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
thank you!! :smile:
Reply 6
Ive also applied to geography for this year! I’ve got offers back. Also applied to Dundee and Herriot Watt and waiting to hear back from Dundee
Reply 7
aw hello where are you from? i just heard back from aberdeen today! got a conditional i just need a B in my AH geography which is achievable :smile:
Reply 8
aw hello where are you from? i just heard back from aberdeen today! got a conditional i just need a B in my AH geography which is achievable :smile:

Congrats! :smile:
I’m from Germany, and you?
Reply 9

North east of Scotland. For my offer they didn’t even ask for a specific grade in my higher Geography!
Original post by SI1403
North east of Scotland. For my offer they didn’t even ask for a specific grade in my higher Geography!

That’s cool! So you live close to Aberdeen?
Maybe that’s because the first year is mostly to get everyone on the same level, even if you’ve never taken geography before
Reply 11
Original post by samiontheroad
That’s cool! So you live close to Aberdeen?
Maybe that’s because the first year is mostly to get everyone on the same level, even if you’ve never taken geography before

Yeah under 2 hrs away which is handy! And I have quite a lot of family who live there which is also a plus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending