The Student Room Group

latham, debevoise or gibson dunn

which one out of latham, debevoise and gibson dunn would you pick for a tc?
Reply 1
Hello dear, no reason to be so rude, I'm just asking for advice. I don't have offers (hopefully yet) from all three (I never pretended I did, and why would I?), but I'm evaluating my options and considering whether I should go to an interview or not, given my other offers (I can't do more than one vac scheme this summer); this is, however, entirely unrelated to the question. Either help, or, if you are unable to, don't.

I have, of course, done my research. I am just asking which firm would objectively provide a better formative experience, hoping someone here has an unbiased view, and hopefully some first-hand knowledge.
Reply 2
you’re bare rude, what’s even the point in saying stuff like this!

Anyway!!
From an objective point of view I’d pick Latham, because it’s bigger and might offer a wider range of seats. However, I don’t know how into finance you are (GD and Debevoise have better disputes resolution practices). I don’t have much first hand experience of these firms, so this is the extent to which I can help
Reply 3
hahaha yes admittedly this is really not the level of depth I was hoping for. I guess there aren't many trainees or lawyers loitering on here, but worth a shot. However, wellmeaning but unhelpful still trumps random ol' dude picking fights on forums. I hope all this bitterness doesn't come with being a lawyer.

(Meanwhile: the analogy doesn't stand)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending