The Student Room Group

Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 595GEF
Hi,I've just been given a start date to commence my tdc training. Has anyone already started their training? If so, should I do any particular research/pre-reading? I have also heard that their will be an exam two weeks into the course, how challenging is this? Finally, what's your timetable like? And good luck to everyone else still going through the recruitment process.Thanks

Congrats!
When did you apply? How long was the recruitment process for you?
Reply 61
Original post by j4321j
Can I just ask when your start date is? what dates did you take your day 2 health assessment and day 3?

My start date is the 25/02/19, which I received at the end of January. My day 2 was at the beginning of October and my day 3 was just before Christmas in December.
Reply 62
Original post by 595GEF
My start date is the 25/02/19, which I received at the end of January. My day 2 was at the beginning of October and my day 3 was just before Christmas in December.

If your day 3 was in December then what they keep telling us about the Day 3 assessment not being ready and experiencing delays can’t be true. It’s so frustrating, no one at recruitment seems to know what’s going on
Reply 63
Original post by Appli12
Congrats!
When did you apply? How long was the recruitment process for you?

I applied at the end of June as was given a start date at the end of January to start on the 25/02/19.
So it was about 7/8 months, however I don't think they started giving out day 1 dates until the end of August, so took them 2 months to sift through applications. Also, after my day 2 I had to wait a while for the day 3 as they had yet to finalise what we were going to do in the assessment.
It was and is a lengthy process but hopefully not everyone's will take as long as mine
Reply 64
Original post by 595GEF
I applied at the end of June as was given a start date at the end of January to start on the 25/02/19.
So it was about 7/8 months, however I don't think they started giving out day 1 dates until the end of August, so took them 2 months to sift through applications. Also, after my day 2 I had to wait a while for the day 3 as they had yet to finalise what we were going to do in the assessment.
It was and is a lengthy process but hopefully not everyone's will take as long as mine

I applied mid-June and still waiting for Day 3 🙄
How did you find the Day 3 assessment? Was it another long day with multiple tasks like Day 1?
Reply 65
usPsf
Original post by Appli12
I applied mid-June and still waiting for Day 3 🙄
How did you find the Day 3 assessment? Was it another long day with multiple tasks like Day 1?

Oh no. If you don't already have a day 3 date and don't get one soon I would suggest calling them if you haven't already to find out when you are likely to get a date or if there are any results you are waiting for.

The day 3 assessments were okay I would say though that before you go make sure you prepare for the interview, thinking of things you've done before. The day itself wasn't too long, only about 3/4 hours. It was also slightly less hectic. Plus when I did mine there was only 6 of us there.

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.
I called up recruitment today and was told that Day 3 dates would be released early next week.
Did anyone attend the pre-day one workshops and was it helpful?
Original post by hindasaireh23
Did anyone attend the pre-day one workshops and was it helpful?

I spoke to someone who said it was very helpful. Does everyone get invited to that, or is it just females and BAME applicants?
Reply 69
Can anyone give me an example of what the training timetable looks like? Recruitment can't give me any information. I'm, due to start in April.
Well done :smile:

How was the interview process for you?
Original post by MTTS
Can anyone give me an example of what the training timetable looks like? Recruitment can't give me any information. I'm, due to start in April.
Reply 71
Can I just ask, When was your day 2/3? Just trying to get an idea for a start date.
Original post by MTTS
Reply 72
Original post by MTTS

What sort of guidance did you get for day 3 to help you prepare?

Was the day quite similar to day 1 in terms of structure and exercises/tasks?
I am currently waiting for my Day 1 which is in early april is there anyone that could help me prepare for it? i have literally been looking everywhere to try get some help i think I'm just over excited and just over thinking this but if anyone could help me at all with the process that would be great. i don't know if it is the same day 1 that everyone else has done but mine is with the MET. thanks in advance
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has done their day 1 assessment centre since the start of this year and how long it took to hear whether you'd passed or not. Had mine in February so I'm wondering what kinda time scale to expect.

Thanks!
Reply 75
I did mine December 3rd and heard back December 20th
Original post by Char2302
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has done their day 1 assessment centre since the start of this year and how long it took to hear whether you'd passed or not. Had mine in February so I'm wondering what kinda time scale to expect.

Thanks!
Ahh okay thank you!
Reply 77
had mine at the very start of February and yet to hear :smile:
Original post by Char2302
Hi

Thanks!
Oh really?! I'll be waiting a while longer yet then.

Original post by laurttt
had mine at the very start of February and yet to hear :smile:
Hi congrats!!
Just wondering if you have any idea yet of schedule and what your day to day times are for training
also isthe training based in London ?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by 595GEF
Hi,I've just been given a start date to commence my tdc training. Has anyone already started their training? If so, should I do any particular research/pre-reading? I have also heard that their will be an exam two weeks into the course, how challenging is this? Finally, what's your timetable like? And good luck to everyone else still going through the recruitment process.Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending