The Student Room Group

Where can I get electronic components?

For my art exam project I’m trying to find loose electronics components that are inexpensive or scrap. I was wondering if there are any useful suggestions since I’m willing to ask for the science prep team, but I don’t feel it will be substantial enough. This mainly includes components such as LEDs, capacitors, transistors- things like that.

Thank you in advance.
Have you tried Amazon? I need strip LEDs for my project and they had a good range on there. Other than that I'm not sure, I used to collect capacitors as a child (I was rather odd) but I just used to get them off circuit boards and probably broke them in the process so I'm not sure if that's much help.
I've moved this to the DT section for you as although it's for an art project you will hopefully get more STEM answers in here
Reply 2
Original post by CoolCavy
Have you tried Amazon? I need strip LEDs for my project and they had a good range on there. Other than that I'm not sure, I used to collect capacitors as a child (I was rather odd) but I just used to get them off circuit boards and probably broke them in the process so I'm not sure if that's much help.
I've moved this to the DT section for you as although it's for an art project you will hopefully get more STEM answers in here

I have, but I’m also tempted to see if the school could run an order for me if it works out better that way. I definitely prefer going to a place to ask if they have any, but I mean everything’s mainly online. I tried finding modelling grass for my 3D models and that was a struggle without going online 😅
What about tips or recyclers?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
What about tips or recyclers?

Would definitely consider it, so far I’ve only found ones that are buying components instead of the other way around. Gonna keep looking though
Reply 5
Original post by Marcus_:D
For my art exam project I’m trying to find loose electronics components that are inexpensive or scrap. I was wondering if there are any useful suggestions since I’m willing to ask for the science prep team, but I don’t feel it will be substantial enough. This mainly includes components such as LEDs, capacitors, transistors- things like that.

Thank you in advance.

Wish, eBay, AliExpress - all good options.

Quick Reply

Latest