The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The Slade Applications 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m01158118
So curious about what other people’s interview is like. Thinking maybe it’s helpful if we share our experience with each other. I’ll start by sharing mine.

I started by introducing my major work which took about half of the first ten minutes. And with the time left I just briefly went through some other pieces in my portfolio. Then they asked me one or two questions about my portfolio. I only remembered one which was something like ‘how would you show it’.

Then the other ten minutes we sat down and I was asked several site questions. I answered pretty bad I think... I’m pretty sure my answers weren’t impressing as I didn’t prepare well for this part but anyways... That’s pretty much what it’s like with mine. To be honest I feel mine went pretty normal.

From my interview I couldn’t tell a sign if they liked my work or not... What about yours? Anything particularly worth to mention? Thanks

yeah it was hard to tell what the impression was. that's good about starting to with major worK! the stuff I should've mentioned but didn't get to was on the bottom. I also repeated myself about the BA. Despite having stuff prepared about tutors and degree shows, I ended up just talking about interest in particular modules. I guess if they can't make that distinction in the work, they have every right to skeptical about my own direction etc. The one thing I feel like I did ok was to not drop too many references, (just one or two) and actually talk about them adequately. They liked to inspect the more technical stuff, but I wonder if theres a critical base I'm expect to cover.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
People with ‘being processed’ status when was your interview? Thanks
Reply 102
19th

20th
Original post by benjl00000
20th

I’m also 20th but still ‘received’. Do most people you know are ‘being processed’ or ‘received’? I know someone who is ‘being processed’. This is so terrifying...
I’m also 20th but still ‘received’. Do most people you know are ‘being processed’ or
‘received’? I know someone who is ‘being processed’. This is so terrifying...

if they ask for a distinction on my foundation im screwed anyway. im sure ye fine.
Original post by benjl00000
if they ask for a distinction on my foundation im screwed anyway. im sure ye fine.

Haha same for me... Are there quite many people got interview on your course? On my foundation I know 5
Haha same for me... Are there quite many people got interview on your course? On my foundation I know 5

3 others that I know of.
Anyone heard? Someone I know just heard back...
Anyone heard? Someone I know just heard back...

rejections or offers? or a mix?
Original post by arianagrandefan1
rejections or offers? or a mix?

Rejection :frown:
are these 'being processed' Masters level or bachelors??
Original post by everywhereigo
are these 'being processed' Masters level or bachelors??

this thread is just for BA
Anyone know how many people they invited to interview?
Original post by wjnafmd0021
Anyone know how many people they invited to interview?

100 or so i heard
They told me 120 out of 1300 applicants
Original post by Anonymous
100 or so i heard
Useful information. Thank you guys! And do you know how many they offer a place to?
Original post by Anonymous
They told me 120 out of 1300 applicants
they give out 45 offers. Its 4 weeks after the last interview date tomorrow and they said 3-4 weeks... on the website, it says UCL closes for Easter for 2 weeks after the 22nd, so we should hear before. I really hope we find out this week or it will be nothing until April:O so nervous ahh
Original post by wjnafmd0021
Useful information. Thank you guys! And do you know how many they offer a place to?
I checked their calendar. Looks like the office only close for a week in April so I think it's probably not going to be very behind... Have most of the people you know heard back? I know two out of four that have heard back...
Original post by arianagrandefan1
they give out 45 offers. Its 4 weeks after the last interview date tomorrow and they said 3-4 weeks... on the website, it says UCL closes for Easter for 2 weeks after the 22nd, so we should hear before. I really hope we find out this week or it will be nothing until April:O so nervous ahh
(edited 5 years ago)
all rejections, has anyone heard of anybody receiving an offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending