The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Best UCL accom 2024?

Hey guys i got an offer from UCL and am thinking about accomodation.

I'd prefer accom with an ensuite and short distance from uni thats not too expensive ( almost impossible in London I realize) that's really my preference. I'd like it to be social as well but im not too bothered about that really. the ensuite and short distance from campus are my priorities.

can people let me know the most suitable accom for me and more about each one thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'd prefer accom with an ensuite and short distance from uni thats not too expensive ( almost impossible in London I realize) that's really my preference. I'd like it to be social as well but im not too bothered about that really. the ensuite and short distance from campus are my priorities.
can people let me know the most suitable accom for me and more about each one thanks!!

Hey babe, I've also been scouring accom to find somewhere with an ensuite withing walking distance to UCL. Idk how much your budget is but I put the intercollegiate hall, Garden halls standard superior as my top choice. You get your own toilet but share showers which isn't too bad. It's like 294 quid but works out a bit better than most of UCLs ones.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by cleorrrr
Hey babe, I've also been scouring accom to find somewhere with an ensuite withing walking distance to UCL. Idk how much your budget is but I put the intercollegiate hall, Garden halls standard superior as my top choice. You get your own toilet but share showers which isn't too bad. It's like 294 quid but works out a bit better than most of UCLs ones.

thanks queen for the response!’ how does ucl accom booking process work? Still waiting on one more uni and wanted to find out how it works
Reply 3
thanks queen for the response!’ how does ucl accom booking process work? Still waiting on one more uni and wanted to find out how it works
I got you bbg. So you go to the accommodation portal and it'll take you to the application, you press 2024-2025. You'll fill some things in like do you have a disability, medical stuff. Then you'll be asked if you want a twin room, catered or self catered. Then you'll be asked about max price, I think after that you do your preferences. You get 5 choices so make sure you pick carefully and within your budget. Then I think that's it!!!
P.s what course did you apply for at UCL?
Reply 4
I got you bbg. So you go to the accommodation portal and it'll take you to the application, you press 2024-2025. You'll fill some things in like do you have a disability, medical stuff. Then you'll be asked if you want a twin room, catered or self catered. Then you'll be asked about max price, I think after that you do your preferences. You get 5 choices so make sure you pick carefully and within your budget. Then I think that's it!!!
P.s what course did you apply for at UCL?

genuine life saver thank you! I applied for politics and international relations hbu?

without getting too personal, what recommended budget would you put down if you’re looking for cheap accommodation but with an en-suite
Reply 5
genuine life saver thank you! I applied for politics and international relations hbu?
without getting too personal, what recommended budget would you put down if you’re looking for cheap accommodation but with an en-suite

Oooo I applied for creative arts and humanities, budget wise depends on how much yiure willing to spend. Cause halls are so expensive, I put 300 only cause garden halls in 294
Would you choose catered or self catered?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
Would you choose catered or self catered?

Personally, I would choose self catered. I'd prefer making my food when I wamt and how I want
What's your course? Waiting.....
Oooo I applied for creative arts and humanities, budget wise depends on how much yiure willing to spend. Cause halls are so expensive, I put 300 only cause garden halls in 294

Did you just choose intercollegiate hall ~ Garden Halls in the accom application? Thanks!

oh man even 294 is tooe xpensive for me. is 150 even a possibility at uCL?
Original post by Anonymous
Did you just choose intercollegiate hall ~ Garden Halls in the accom application? Thanks!

I didddd, I picked that as my top choice

Hmmm I think you might be a bit presumptuous, but it never hurts to look but you definitely won't get an ensuite and you might end up not being in walking distance. I just say look anyways
Hmmm I think you might be a bit presumptuous, but it never hurts to look but you definitely won't get an ensuite and you might end up not being in walking distance. I just say look anyways

how are you planning to fund your accom( sorry if that’s too personal). 294 is crazy to me but I really hope you get what you want. I could probably say like £230 max for me. I know my student loan will cover that
how are you planning to fund your accom( sorry if that’s too personal). 294 is crazy to me but I really hope you get what you want. I could probably say like £230 max for me. I know my student loan will cover that

I'm praying to get the max student finance, I wish I could find a cheaper one but I need my own toilet. You should hopefully find amth within your price
Shared room?

i think the only ones in the £150 range are shared rooms (i think mostly still close to campus though) and the next least expensive are £180 and are single rooms but not en-suite. here’s a link to all the prices! https://www.ucl.ac.uk/accommodation/fees-guidance-and-payment
Sorry to ask, but why must study in London if the rent is too expensive?
Sorry to ask, but why must study in London if the rent is too expensive?

Huh
I got an offer from UCL but they didn't give me a student number...? how do I apply for accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending