The Student Room Group

This journalist was investigated by police for 'misgendering' someone...

Scroll to see replies

Because you keep replying. And for someone minding their own business, you write a lot. Almost as if you have to convince yourself. Oh dear.

As I said, you seem schizo. You are happy for the police to take a call about a supposed gunman at face value and storm in guns blazing. Good on you tigger. Yet somehow you can't admit to it.
Original post by 999tigger
Then they would take all that into account because that is what the police and legal professionals do.

Nope there you go again showing your own ignorance and trying to say things I have never said.

Lets state it one last time although you keep saying bye, but never go away. I was minding my own business and you are the one that sought me out. I'd much rather you hadnt.

1. If a police get a call about a possible crime they investigate. If they find there was some merit to that claim they can then see if a crime has been committed and prosecute.

2. If on the other hand they find it was a hoax or a malicious hoax, then they can prosecute the caller.

3. If for some reason they cant trace the caller then they can only keep that information on file and collect the evidence till they eventually identify who it is and then they can investigate fiurther for things like harassment and stalking. As far as im aware there is no crime of swatting in UK law because that is an americanism. Feel free to point it out and link which statute it is in.
Its up to the police to investigate. You are just being quite weird.

Woman goes to castrate son = HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS MOTHER THIS MUST BE A HATECRIME

Person refuses to think that castrating your son is good = "Being quite weird"

Sometimes I wonder.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Woman goes to castrate son = HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS MOTHER THIS MUST BE A HATECRIME

Person refuses to think that castrating your son is good = "Being quite weird"

Sometimes I wonder.

Except i havent said that.
All ive said is its up to the police to investigate and identify whether any crime has been committed and by whom. Feel free to find where ive said anything different from that.
Except i havent said that.
All ive said is its up to the police to investigate and identify whether any crime has been committed and by whom. Feel free to find where ive said anything different from that.

Sure except what the police have had reported to them WASN'T a crime. Defamation is not a crime.

If I went to the police and (let's say) I reported a shop because they'd stopped selling the ice cream I liked you'd think it very strange if the police decided to start an investigation because I haven't reported a crime, just something that annoyed me. Same thing here.
Do you live in a world where police ignore reports of crimes?

Yes, I have tried many times to report crimes to the police and then they fob you off with "that's not a crime".

West Midlands Police are useless.
Original post by limetang
Sure except what the police have had reported to them WASN'T a crime. Defamation is not a crime.

If I went to the police and (let's say) I reported a shop because they'd stopped selling the ice cream I liked you'd think it very strange if the police decided to start an investigation because I haven't reported a crime, just something that annoyed me. Same thing here.

Do you have any proof that the reported offence was defamation? If it wasnt then your point is irrelevant.

A complaint was made and as normal the police are under a duty to investigate and make a decision based on whether they think there has been a crime committed or not.
Original post by Decahedron
Yes, I have tried many times to report crimes to the police and then they fob you off with "that's not a crime".

West Midlands Police are useless.

And if it wasnt actually a crime then they would be correct?
You can always complain further.
I dont think you are adding anything.
So you believe any report of a gunman should be investigate with guns blazing?
Do you have any proof that the reported offence was defamation? If it wasnt then your point is irrelevant.

A complaint was made and as normal the police are under a duty to investigate and make a decision based on whether they think there has been a crime committed or not.
Original post by yudothis
So you believe any report of a gunman should be investigate with guns blazing?

The force explained why officers investigated: "We have a duty of care to fully investigate all allegations which are reported to us. Once this investigation has been completed, a decision is made on the most appropriate course of action to take."

If someone reports a gunman behaving unlawfully, then they should investigate.
Reply 69
What is libelous about reporting the truth about Susie Green? She took her son to another country to get castrated, because it's illegal in the UK. That is a fact. It might only be libel in Green's eyes because she knows it makes her look like a piece of ****. But it doesn't make it untrue.

The libellous* statements would be where Farrow used terms like "mutilated" and "child abuse" to describe Green's actions. It is true what you say but it was not an illegal act at the time. Ultimately it was up to Green's child to make up their mind on whether to have this procedure done or not, nobody else made that call.

(* IANAL, of course. I don't know if these tweets actually qualify as libel or not.)

Imagine a country where pedophelia was legal, would you say it's ok for pedos to go there? Because that's the defence TVAs give - "it was legal in Thailand" (at the time, they made it illegal now).

There is obviously a rather huge difference between deciding to have surgery done on your own body compared to rodgering a minor. From a moral standpoint there is no comparison.

Mermaids is an awful organization that is absolutely dangerous to children. It promotes an ideology that leads to child abuse.

I disagree with you on this but your previous posts in threads like this make it abundantly clear that you're unable to debate this from a neutral, factual standpoint. So I'm not going to waste my time by coming up with a rebuttal to this, if you have doubt about Mermaids work do some research beyond what the tabloids like to shout at you. They're not perfect by any stretch but for many trans kids this one charity is literally the only lifeline they've got.
Because you keep replying. And for someone minding their own business, you write a lot. Almost as if you have to convince yourself. Oh dear.

As I said, you seem schizo. You are happy for the police to take a call about a supposed gunman at face value and storm in guns blazing. Good on you tigger. Yet somehow you can't admit to it.

'you seem schizo' ableism AND transphobia. tasty!
anyway donate 2 mermaids + listen 2 left at london
Btw she wasnt being investigated over libel.
No complaint over the US offence of swatting has been made either. Another one of yudothis fantasies.
Reply 73
If a complaint is made to the police then they have a duty to investigate.

Notably, of course, they don't really bother in many cases. Report that someone's broken into your garage and stolen some stuff and they'll probably just give you an incident number and tell you to claim it on insurance.

I don't know the particulars of this case, but the police have the need to manage their time effectively. A lot of people don't share the police's priorities in these areas and feel, with some justification I think, that they're guided by small-p politics rather than a genuine interest in public safety and security.
Original post by L i b
Notably, of course, they don't really bother in many cases. Report that someone's broken into your garage and stolen some stuff and they'll probably just give you an incident number and tell you to claim it on insurance.

I don't know the particulars of this case, but the police have the need to manage their time effectively. A lot of people don't share the police's priorities in these areas and feel, with some justification I think, that they're guided by small-p politics rather than a genuine interest in public safety and security.

Thats up to the police though. They have a police commissioner they can complain to or they can do so directly to the force itself. I thought they agreed with the commissioner what the ,local area priorities are? If they feel they can do a better job they can join themselves or lobby for more police and funding.

Btw your post was reasonable so repped.
(edited 5 years ago)
I pity you.
Original post by todorokishouto
'you seem schizo' ableism AND transphobia. tasty!
The investigation have been dropped.
(edited 5 years ago)
That is not libellous, that is the truth. An illegal procedure in the UK may well be described as mutilation and child abuse.

Yes, a child, a child should make the decision about a life-altering, physically unnecessary operation. A child, when just now new evidence has come out that people still develop their brain into their 30s.

I disagree. You are implicitly assuming that a child can not consent truly to selling sex, but can truly consent to such a life-altering operation, one that may not even be necessary in the future for the child. That is a baseless assumption.

So basically you accuse me of not being factual, and yet proceed to replying in a non-factual manner to me. And funnily enough tell me to research what they do - I have. Which is why I am appalled at what they do, and the part they play in ROGD and social contagion among young, impressionable children. Plus, you yet again make an assumption - that because I have a strong opinion on this, that that opinion is somehow not neutral. But your "they are great, the only lifeline for some" opinion, somehow is neutral? Nonsense.
Original post by Dez
The libellous* statements would be where Farrow used terms like "mutilated" and "child abuse" to describe Green's actions. It is true what you say but it was not an illegal act at the time. Ultimately it was up to Green's child to make up their mind on whether to have this procedure done or not, nobody else made that call.

(* IANAL, of course. I don't know if these tweets actually qualify as libel or not.)

There is obviously a rather huge difference between deciding to have surgery done on your own body compared to rodgering a minor. From a moral standpoint there is no comparison.

I disagree with you on this but your previous posts in threads like this make it abundantly clear that you're unable to debate this from a neutral, factual standpoint. So I'm not going to waste my time by coming up with a rebuttal to this, if you have doubt about Mermaids work do some research beyond what the tabloids like to shout at you. They're not perfect by any stretch but for many trans kids this one charity is literally the only lifeline they've got.
With guns? Or would you send the police into a gunfight with words?

The force explained why officers investigated: "We have a duty of care to fully investigate all allegations which are reported to us. Once this investigation has been completed, a decision is made on the most appropriate course of action to take."

If someone reports a gunman behaving unlawfully, then they should investigate.
With guns? Or would you send the police into a gunfight with words?

You continue to be ridiculous.
Its up to the police to do a threat assessment and decide on the risk level. If needed they can dispatch armed officers with supporting armed response vehicles. Thats what they do its their job.

Is there a point to this , because there never seems to be any point to your posts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending