The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Psychology

I’ve realised that there are no threads for OCR Psychology. This thread is for core studies, research methods and applied.

For applied I’m doing Criminal and Child.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fnym_01
I’ve realised that there are no threads for OCR Psychology. This thread is for core studies, research methods and applied.

I did those applied topics as well and got an A* so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your revision and exams :smile:
Reply 2
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you do in core studies?
Original post by DrawTheLine
I did those applied topics as well and got an A* so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your revision and exams :smile:
Original post by Fnym_01
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you do in core studies?

I don't know what I got in each individual exam unfortunately but I'm guessing an A* or a very high A
Reply 4
I’m struggling in core, what are some of your revision tips for that paper?
Original post by DrawTheLine
I don't know what I got in each individual exam unfortunately but I'm guessing an A* or a very high A
Original post by Fnym_01

Do as many practice papers as you can and get feedback on them, and keep redoing then until you get the grades you want
Original post by Fnym_01

I'm doing criminal and child too, how are you feeling about it?
what are you struggling with, like remembering content, how to aswer questions ....
Original post by Fnym_01
Reply 8
I’m struggling to remember the content but that’s not really the hard part. I’ve noticed when I get my mock papers back that I just answer questions all wrong.

For example, in a 6 mark Section C question, I think that I should answer it 3/3 in terms of marks but it’s actually 4/2 or 5/1 and then I end up getting 2 out of 6 marks. I find it really confusing.
Original post by Mariam2701
what are you struggling with, like remembering content, how to aswer questions ....
so the structure of the questions, like how many points you need for say a 15 marker and how much deatile you need to go into and what you need to include?
Original post by Fnym_01
I’m struggling to remember the content but that’s not really the hard part. I’ve noticed when I get my mock papers back that I just answer questions all wrong.

For example, in a 6 mark Section C question, I think that I should answer it 3/3 in terms of marks but it’s actually 4/2 or 5/1 and then I end up getting 2 out of 6 marks. I find it really confusing.
Reply 10
Exactly but for sections B (minus the 15 marker) and C
so the structure of the questions, like how many points you need for say a 15 marker and how much deatile you need to go into and what you need to include?
I can try help you and talk you through the mark split for section B&C if you want ?
Original post by Fnym_01
Exactly but for sections B (minus the 15 marker) and C
Reply 12
Please 😫
I can try help you and talk you through the mark split for section B&C if you want ?
I have a core studies mock tomorrow and a day off tomorrow and tuesday so ill go through my notes then and let you know. Is there any other way i can contant you (through social) as it would be easier but if not i can continue through here :smile: Also, are you in Y12 or Y13?
Original post by Fnym_01
Please 😫
Reply 14
I don’t have social media (I couldn't be bothered to connected anymore) and I’m in Yr 13
I have a core studies mock tomorrow and a day off tomorrow and tuesday so ill go through my notes then and let you know. Is there any other way i can contant you (through social) as it would be easier but if not i can continue through here :smile: Also, are you in Y12 or Y13?
Ill private message you when i find my notes :smile:
Original post by Fnym_01
I don’t have social media (I couldn't be bothered to connected anymore) and I’m in Yr 13
Reply 16
Thanks!
Ill private message you when i find my notes :smile:
Anyone have any advice on how to answer questions to do with debates and perspectives?? I always seem to do worst in those
When it comes to those questions, is it stuff like relating core studies to those debates/ perspectives or comparing them with each other or other stuff eg ethics ?
Original post by Daisy_12
Anyone have any advice on how to answer questions to do with debates and perspectives?? I always seem to do worst in those
With debates its in paper 3 where they'll ask you like a 10 or 15 mark question on linking a debate to something and I can normally think of one point but then have nothing to say for the other side of the debate without contradicting myself?? And then I've only written one para which is only gonna be like half marks. Also like everything in psychology is reductionist so I find it sooo hard to ever talk about holism
When it comes to those questions, is it stuff like relating core studies to those debates/ perspectives or comparing them with each other or other stuff eg ethics ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending