The Student Room Group

Looking in a different direction when taking a selfie?

I noticed i look in a different direction when i'm taking a selfie/mirror selfie. Like i look to the side...and i don't actually even have a reason for it, i started when i was dating my LDR boyfriend i started sending selfies with me looking to the side...it's such a weird habit.

Anyone have a reason why i keep doing this. I think it's maybe because i hate looking at myself when taking a photo. Idk. I just wondered hahahahaha :smile:
Maybe you just found a good angle, or your wrist is hurting haha :smile:

I wouldn't worry to much about it - I'm sure you look great either way!
There probably isn't a deep reason for it. Most likely answer is you subconsciously think you look best at that angle.
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
There probably isn't a deep reason for it. Most likely answer is you subconsciously think you look best at that angle.

Yeah probably hahaha thanks :smile:
Selfies are one of the banes of my life. :colonhash:
And I thought my life was crazy.
Original post by Notoriety
And I thought my life was crazy.

Mine is way beyond crazy by a long shot!
Original post by Unexpectedly
Mine is way beyond crazy by a long shot!

I was being severely sarcastic.
Original post by Notoriety
I was being severely sarcastic.

As was I, my good friend, as was I. :wink:
Reply 9
Looking to the side is trick models use to divert attention to their outfit rather than their faces.
Reply 10
Original post by Zasty
Looking to the side is trick models use to divert attention to their outfit rather than their faces.

oh cool! never knew this mmm
Angles manipulate how a photo looks - it's one of the greatest tricks in the book. Finding their angle is one of the best things that can happen to someone who wants to take photos of themselves. It'd be a good idea to try and find another angle where you have more of a focus on your face, though. It's more subtle and gets you extra selfie points because of the fact people can see your face but you still look nice. Maybe try slightly above, not in the mirror. You can get your outfit in, you look thinner if that's an issue, and if you do it right it can be quite subtle. Find some good lighting as well - natural light is best.
Reply 12
Original post by huitema_03
Angles manipulate how a photo looks - it's one of the greatest tricks in the book. Finding their angle is one of the best things that can happen to someone who wants to take photos of themselves. It'd be a good idea to try and find another angle where you have more of a focus on your face, though. It's more subtle and gets you extra selfie points because of the fact people can see your face but you still look nice. Maybe try slightly above, not in the mirror. You can get your outfit in, you look thinner if that's an issue, and if you do it right it can be quite subtle. Find some good lighting as well - natural light is best.

THANK YOU!!! Omg!!! i needed to hear this hahaha.

I'll try this, thanks. :smile:
Original post by RG250
THANK YOU!!! Omg!!! i needed to hear this hahaha.

I'll try this, thanks. :smile:

No problem. :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by huitema_03
No problem. :wink:

i have seen quite alot of people using this technique and it looks cute. Thanks! :smile: i'll try this when i get my new top :wink:
Original post by RG250
i have seen quite alot of people using this technique and it looks cute. Thanks! :smile: i'll try this when i get my new top :wink:

What colour top are you getting, may I ask? :h:
Reply 16
Original post by Unexpectedly
What colour top are you getting, may I ask? :h:

Grey top with white lines :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest