The Student Room Group

Geography Help!!

Please can someone help me with this question
Use a range of development indicators to explain the difference between standard of living and quality of life (6 marks)
Standard of living is based on wealth and materials etc. whereas quality of life is more personal and to do with perception of how good your life is.

So use GDP, economic sector balance and Gini coefficient as development indicators for standard of living and gross national happiness and maybe gender inequality index as indicators for quality of life.

I don't know if that's right/enough for 6 marks but that's how I'd do it.
give me a minute i answered the exact the question a long time ago i just need to look through my notes
Reply 3
so im not a pro geographer , just a fellow geography student but standard of living is to do with the opportunities available to a person , for example wealth comfort and material goods stuff like that so when explaining that use factors like mentioned above as examples e.g so in the uk standard of living is high bc high employment rate so wealthier economy so more money to invest into public services such as NHS etc etc link your ideas
the quality of life is more to do with an individuals lifestyle, so factors such as conditions in the workplace healthcare, education human rights etc
so you could talk about an LIC country and say how the quality of life is poorer because there is a high rate of child employment , poor working conditions
only a small amount of the population have access to healthcare stuff like that , sorry im not the best explainer but I hope that kinda helps
image-ceffe0a4-fcf1-4a52-b210-ec1b57d79e6c8220491618630827982-compressed.jpg.jpeg
image-18edd1f7-b65a-4203-a54c-d114d1d364aa3741876025462627229-compressed.jpg.jpeg
ignore the things about aid
(edited 5 years ago)
image-7fdf8675-1d0d-4c43-a3af-732fff6bd02c2048198433098992315-compressed.jpg.jpeg
use gni and hdi for standard of living and the rest for quality of life
are you doing ocr geography?
Original post by secret.user
Please can someone help me with this question
Use a range of development indicators to explain the difference between standard of living and quality of life (6 marks)
Original post by sqrt of 5
image-7fdf8675-1d0d-4c43-a3af-732fff6bd02c2048198433098992315-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Thank you so much!!! 😄😄
are you doing ocr geography?

Aqa x
Sorry, I’ve got two other questions if anyone can help.
Describe how loans are different from charity aid (3 marks)
What are the problems for recipient countries of becoming dependent on aid? (4 marks)
Original post by secret.user
Sorry, I’ve got two other questions if anyone can help.
Describe how loans are different from charity aid (3 marks)
What are the problems for recipient countries of becoming dependent on aid? (4 marks)

just a sec i might be able to help with the 2 question
Thanks x
just a sec i might be able to help with the 2 question
I can't find my notes on aid but the main thing for question 2 (because i remember doing it) is that when a country depends on aid for instance in a LIDC where they rely on help from foreign countries (such as america) even though they do not need it anymore. Or it can also be short term aid (such as food, water etc) become a long term aid due to the cheap prices for example or other factors. This, of course will hinder the development of a country because they are not using their own resources
Thank you so much!! You have helped me a lot xx
I can't find my notes on aid but the main thing for question 2 (because i remember doing it) is that when a country depends on aid for instance in a LIDC where they rely on help from foreign countries (such as america) even though they do not need it anymore. Or it can also be short term aid (such as food, water etc) become a long term aid due to the cheap prices for example or other factors. This, of course will hinder the development of a country because they are not using their own resources

Quick Reply

Latest