Please confirm
Original post by Sissoue
Someone had a Grade D for two subjects
Is it a pass or fail??? Do they have a certificate or they don't have ... Well
Old grading by the way January 2019
Edexcel bord
Please confirm

They will get a certificate
A grade D is what it says, a grade D pass. From the standpoint of progressing in education or for employment, a grade C or better is generally accepted as a ‘pass’.
Reply 2
Well I would like to confirm to that person is it good if this student who had a D in two subject continue to prepare his sixt form by retaking the same subjects in AS level is okey to do that
Original post by gdunne42
They will get a certificate
A grade D is what it says, a grade D pass. From the standpoint of progressing in education or for employment, a grade C or better is generally accepted as a ‘pass’.
Original post by Sissoue
Well I would like to confirm to that person is it good if this student who had a D in two subject continue to prepare his sixt form by retaking the same subjects in AS level is okey to do that

It would depend on the reasons for such a poor performance and what those subjects were. If you mean retake them while doing AS in other subjects I’d ask what did they get a D in and how good are their other results. If you mean can they start to study these at AS level, in the uk a student achieving grade D or grade 3 at gcse is exceptionally unlikely to be allowed to study that subject in school at A level.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Well those student are advised to take BTEC right if they cannot afford for A level ?
It would depend on the reasons for such a poor performance and what those subjects were. If you mean retake them while doing AS in other subjects I’d ask what did they get a D in and how good are their other results. If you mean can they start to study these at AS level, in the uk a student achieving grade D or grade 3 at gcse is exceptionally unlikely to be allowed to study that subject in school at A level.
Original post by Sissoue
Well those student are advised to take BTEC right if they cannot afford for A level ?

If a student achieved 5 or more gcse with grade 4 / grade C or better they would probably be allowed to study A levels if they wished. Many schools would require at least a B / 6 in the specific subjects they wish to choose at A level. Students may be advised that level 3 BTEC is a better choice for them. Those who achieve less than 5 passes may be encouraged to resit some gcse and add some level 2 BTEC options. The individual circumstances of each student would always be considered.
If a student had not passed maths or English at gcse they would be required to retake it alongside their sixth form/college courses.
Reply 6
Please do you Know where I can get blogs or website that explains BTEC in General
If a student achieved 5 or more gcse with grade 4 / grade C or better they would probably be allowed to study A levels if they wished. Many schools would require at least a B / 6 in the specific subjects they wish to choose at A level. Students may be advised that level 3 BTEC is a better choice for them. Those who achieve less than 5 passes may be encouraged to resit some gcse and add some level 2 BTEC options. The individual circumstances of each student would always be considered.
If a student had not passed maths or English at gcse they would be required to retake it alongside their sixth form/college courses.
Original post by Sissoue
Please do you Know where I can get blogs or website that explains BTEC in General

The Edexcel web site has information about the many BTEC options they offer.

Quick Reply

Latest