The Student Room Group

Romeo and Juliet Predicitions?

Hey just wanted to see if anyone else does romeo and juliet, because a lot of people do macbeth and its hard to find people who do romeo and juliet. Also if you do, do you have any predictions for this year because there are too many characters to revise, so pls help!
i do romeo and juliet unfortunately. IM really struggling to revise it, i havent made any notes for it. What have you made notes on for romeo and juliet, also what other books do you study for literature? Me, a christmas carol and animal farm.
Reply 2
Original post by Flower2617
i do romeo and juliet unfortunately. IM really struggling to revise it, i havent made any notes for it. What have you made notes on for romeo and juliet, also what other books do you study for literature? Me, a christmas carol and animal farm.

I have made notes on the themes of love, fate and violence. But when it comes to characters there are too many for me to make notes on. I study romeo and juliet, dr jekyll and mr hyde and lord of the flies. Only one I like is dr jekyll and mr hyde, LOTF is so boring.
How much revision have u done this half term?
Moved to English.
Reply 5
Original post by Flower2617
How much revision have u done this half term?

Honestly not much, but I still have 1 week left because my easter holiday was different to everyone else, so next week I am really going to revise a lot
Reply 6
I'm also doing Romeo and Juliet (alongside ACC, LOTF, and Power and Conflict poetry). I haven't done much revision other than revision cards for the characters and themes.
Reply 7
Original post by Anthos
I'm also doing Romeo and Juliet (alongside ACC, LOTF, and Power and Conflict poetry). I haven't done much revision other than revision cards for the characters and themes.

I do LOTF and power and conflict too. For LOTF what do you predict, my teacher predicts the island or roger. what do you think?
Reply 8
Original post by Rebekah_951
I do LOTF and power and conflict too. For LOTF what do you predict, my teacher predicts the island or roger. what do you think?

That's also what my English teacher is predicting - about how the island is portrayed and about Roger. My teacher is also predicting Piggy - he hasn't come up in a while. Simon came up last year, so he's not going to appear again (unless they pull another Ozymandias trick). They might also ask about how death is shown in LOTF, because Simon and Piggy's deaths are quite important to the novel.
Reply 9
Original post by Anthos
That's also what my English teacher is predicting - about how the island is portrayed and about Roger. My teacher is also predicting Piggy - he hasn't come up in a while. Simon came up last year, so he's not going to appear again (unless they pull another Ozymandias trick). They might also ask about how death is shown in LOTF, because Simon and Piggy's deaths are quite important to the novel.

Yeah I'm doing LOTF revision tomorrow and I am definitely going to revise the deaths because I have always thought it might come up considering how important they are to the novel. To be honest I wouldn't mind any of the characters in LOTF, its just I never really have much to say about the form.
Hey I do Romeo and Juliet , they were given tybalt last year and Juliet two years ago and it’s unlikely they repeat characters , some teacher are saying we will get a theme. Hope this helped
What exam board? That wasn't AQA
Original post by Tracy667
Hey I do Romeo and Juliet , they were given tybalt last year and Juliet two years ago and it’s unlikely they repeat characters , some teacher are saying we will get a theme. Hope this helped
Reply 12
My teacher said that in 2017 male aggression came up and in 2018 relationships between the young and the old came up
So I’m thinking a character might come up this year
Original post by Tracy667

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending