The Student Room Group

english lit

How could you start your romeo and juliet or english literature essays regardless of subject or topic ? I always have a starting problem and wonder whether its worth giving a brief introduction with contextual info
Reply 1
Original post by joy8765
How could you start your romeo and juliet or english literature essays regardless of subject or topic ? I always have a starting problem and wonder whether its worth giving a brief introduction with contextual info

One tip I'd give is that only use contextual information that relates to the question.
Here is an example of a paragraph I wrote for the AQA exams (for revision):
Throughout Romeo and Juliet, society is presented as the constraints for why the two lovers cannot be together. The two lovers live in a patriarchal society in the 16th century where you had to be obedient to your parents and our family and alongside this there is a severe conflict between Juliet's family, the Capulets and Romeos family, the Montagues, who hate each other due to a reason unbeknownst to us, which Shakespeare never reveals. The tragedy that occurs at the end of the play is as a result of society and how one had to be obedient to ones family in the 16th century. And their selfish desire to love each other despite it going against societal expectations of them.
Reply 2
Original post by _user_
One tip I'd give is that only use contextual information that relates to the question.
Here is an example of a paragraph I wrote for the AQA exams (for revision):
Throughout Romeo and Juliet, society is presented as the constraints for why the two lovers cannot be together. The two lovers live in a patriarchal society in the 16th century where you had to be obedient to your parents and our family and alongside this there is a severe conflict between Juliet's family, the Capulets and Romeos family, the Montagues, who hate each other due to a reason unbeknownst to us, which Shakespeare never reveals. The tragedy that occurs at the end of the play is as a result of society and how one had to be obedient to ones family in the 16th century. And their selfish desire to love each other despite it going against societal expectations of them.

Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending