The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Geography H481/022 + 032 - 22nd 6th & 11th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Hello everyone,

I'm taking my Geography A level this year for OCR. Here are my topics

Coastal Landscapes
Earth life support systems
Climate change
Disease dilemmas
Changing spaces, making places
Human rights
Global Migration

who else is taking the A level- if you have any predictions, do post on here- would be very useful
Also, if you have any useful resources you wouldn't mind sharing- please post here

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
deltas ??? i think will come up for coasts!
Reply 2
Original post by ICWTAAO
deltas ??? i think will come up for coasts!

yup, I agree with you- Deltas hasn't come up in any of the past papers or specimen papers
Heyy, I do: Coastal Landscapes, Earth life support systems, changing spaces making places, global migration too. The other 3 are power and borders, hazards and future of food.

I'm not sure about any predictions at the moment but I thought I would make an appearance on to the chat. I think deltas are more than likely to come up.
Reply 4
Original post by PrincessStudy
Heyy, I do: Coastal Landscapes, Earth life support systems, changing spaces making places, global migration too. The other 3 are power and borders, hazards and future of food.

I'm not sure about any predictions at the moment but I thought I would make an appearance on to the chat. I think deltas are more than likely to come up.

Heyya- Thanks for your contribution

would you have any exam questions on earth life support systems?
You're welcome :smile:

Here are some questions:
Explain how human and physical factors affect stores and processes operating in the water cycle (10)
To what extent are human’s impacts affecting the water cycle?
Explain the benefits of using GIS when looking at deforestation.
Examine the significance of the role of vegetation in linking the water and carbon cycles (10)
How are the carbon and water cycles linked by: (one of : ocean, atmosphere, cryosphere, vegetation)
Explain three benefits of mapping rates of deforestation using Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
‘Physical factors influence climate change more than human factors.’ Discuss
Examine the significance of the role of vegetation in linking the water and carbon cycles. (10)
Examine how human and physical factors affect stores and processes operating in the water cycle (10)
“Human factors affect the water cycle more significantly in the tropical rainforest than in the Arctic tundra”. Discuss.(16)
Hope this helps, anything else you can pm?
Original post by HKP24
Heyya- Thanks for your contribution

would you have any exam questions on earth life support systems?
Reply 6
Original post by PrincessStudy
You're welcome :smile:

Here are some questions:
Explain how human and physical factors affect stores and processes operating in the water cycle (10)
To what extent are human’s impacts affecting the water cycle?
Explain the benefits of using GIS when looking at deforestation.
Examine the significance of the role of vegetation in linking the water and carbon cycles (10)
How are the carbon and water cycles linked by: (one of : ocean, atmosphere, cryosphere, vegetation)
Explain three benefits of mapping rates of deforestation using Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
‘Physical factors influence climate change more than human factors.’ Discuss
Examine the significance of the role of vegetation in linking the water and carbon cycles. (10)
Examine how human and physical factors affect stores and processes operating in the water cycle (10)
“Human factors affect the water cycle more significantly in the tropical rainforest than in the Arctic tundra”. Discuss.(16)
Hope this helps, anything else you can pm?

Heyya, This has been a great help!

I have some questions on global migration- I could pm these to you if you want?
Reply 7
yes please !!! i really dont know what to expect from migration
Original post by HKP24
Heyya, This has been a great help!

I have some questions on global migration- I could pm these to you if you want?
Reply 8
Original post by ICWTAAO
yes please !!! i really dont know what to expect from migration

sure
I'll just post them on here so that everyone can make use of it.
These are predicted questions provided by my school- Hope it helps!

1) For one EDC you have studied, examine the impact of migration on political stability and social inequality (8)

2) Using examples, explain how migration has become increasingly complex (8)

3) Examine how flows of people, money and technology cause inequality and conflict (8)

4) Assess the social and economic impacts of intra- regional migration on host countries

5) Economic globalisation has played the biggest part in altering global migration. To what extent do you agree (16)

6) Assess the effectiveness of governments policies and laws in dealing with migration policies (16)
Reply 9
Original post by HKP24
sure
I'll just post them on here so that everyone can make use of it.
These are predicted questions provided by my school- Hope it helps!

1) For one EDC you have studied, examine the impact of migration on political stability and social inequality (8)

2) Using examples, explain how migration has become increasingly complex (8)

3) Examine how flows of people, money and technology cause inequality and conflict (8)

4) Assess the social and economic impacts of intra- regional migration on host countries

5) Economic globalisation has played the biggest part in altering global migration. To what extent do you agree (16)

6) Assess the effectiveness of governments policies and laws in dealing with migration policies (16)

I'd just like to put this website on here

https://gordonstoungeography.com/ocr-a-level-year-13/

it has a lot of useful case study info and exam questions for different modules
Reply 10
This is a synoptic question- disease and coasts

Examine the impact of landscape systems on the diffusion and response to disease (12)

How would you answer it...what sorts of points could you put into it
Reply 11
does anyone have an idea for the formation of a delta if that came up as a question? the textbook doesnt make it very clear!
A river delta is a landform that forms from deposition of sediment carried by a river as the flow leaves its mouth of a river and enters slower moving or standing water. This is usually the sea but can also be a lake or reservoir. Deltas are encouraged to form if there is a large amount of sediment, a low energy environment, low tidal ranges, and broad continental shelf. They form when rivers and tidal currents deposit sediment at a faster rate than waves and tides can remove it.
As the river flows, as it meets slow and fast water, it would deposit in the middle as it has the biggest drop in velocity.
There are also different types of deltas called Cuspate (the smallest), Arcuate and Bird foot delta (the biggest). Example: River Nile which flows into the Mediterranean Sea. In the UK there are no built deltas because our rivers aren’t big enough in terms of discharge and river sediment. We have high tidal ranges.

These are my notes, hope this helps:smile:
Original post by ICWTAAO
does anyone have an idea for the formation of a delta if that came up as a question? the textbook doesnt make it very clear!
Reply 13
amazing - thank you so so much !!!!
Reply 14
Hi

Does anyone have the A level paper for 2018 (last year's paper)- my school hasn't seem to given these questions to us
2018 paper questions for the following papers
- Geographical Debates
-Physical systems
- Human interactions
Hi, does anyone have any sample questions for human rights, would be a great help!
Reply 16
Original post by katie4110
Hi, does anyone have any sample questions for human rights, would be a great help!

Heyya
I've got some questions- mixed questions- synoptics and normal essay questions.

Examine the most important factor that accounts for maternal mortality (8)
Examine the most important factor that accounts for forced labour (8)
To what extent does human rights violations affect the prevalence of disease (12)
Examine the varying rates of capital punishment globally and give reasons to explain this (16)
"Global governance of human rights brings more challenges than opportunities in LIDCs"- To what extent do you agree? (16)

Hope this helps!
Good Luck!
Original post by HKP24
Heyya
I've got some questions- mixed questions- synoptics and normal essay questions.

Examine the most important factor that accounts for maternal mortality (8)
Examine the most important factor that accounts for forced labour (8)
To what extent does human rights violations affect the prevalence of disease (12)
Examine the varying rates of capital punishment globally and give reasons to explain this (16)
"Global governance of human rights brings more challenges than opportunities in LIDCs"- To what extent do you agree? (16)

Hope this helps!
Good Luck!

These are great, thank you! Do you by any chance have a mark scheme that goes with them, no worries if not!
Reply 18
Original post by katie4110
These are great, thank you! Do you by any chance have a mark scheme that goes with them, no worries if not!

Heyya
I don't really have a formal mark scheme because they are questions that my school has predicted, however, if you send me your answer through pm, I could have a look at it for you, if you wish

Hope that's helpful
Reply 19
heyy

would anyone have any coastal landscape questions for A level??

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending