The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby - 2019 Applicants thread.

Hi Guys,

This is a thread for our 2019 applicants. If you have any questions about the University, our city, accommodation or a particular course, post it in here and we will answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Callum :smile:

University of Derby Rep.

Scroll to see replies

I’m considering Derby for Criminology next year as a mature student. Have emailed admissions regarding gcse entry requirements as I have an Irish Equivalent and if I get good news from them I can plan an open day visit 😬
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by missyp2404
I’m considering Derby for Criminology next year as a mature student. Have emailed admissions regarding gcse entry requirements as I have an Irish Equivalent and if I get good news from them I can plan an open day visit 😬

Hi @missyp2404,

Glad to hear you are considering Derby as an option to complete your studies at. Our next Open Day at our Derby campus is the 29th September. If you have any questions please let us know.

Reply 3
Original post by missyp2404

I'm an mature MSc Criminal Justice and Criminology student at the University of Derby.

Personally, I think it is a great institution for Criminology. Sessions are held in an extremely modern building, One Friar Gate Square, which has social spaces, computer labs, a common room as well as facilities relating to courses such a a mock courtroom. The faculty staff are fantastic with lots of practice experience from fields such as probation, youth justice, criminal investigations, etc.

There is the option to stay on and complete a Masters degree in a lot of subjects like the MSc in Criminal Investigations, MSc in Criminal Justice and Criminology and MSc in Criminal and Forensic Psychology.

I didn't do my Undergraduate Degree at Derby, but I know there are a lot of opportunities and the potential for trips to the United States to look at their justice system.
Original post by Alan88
I'm an mature MSc Criminal Justice and Criminology student at the University of Derby.

Personally, I think it is a great institution for Criminology. Sessions are held in an extremely modern building, One Friar Gate Square, which has social spaces, computer labs, a common room as well as facilities relating to courses such a a mock courtroom. The faculty staff are fantastic with lots of practice experience from fields such as probation, youth justice, criminal investigations, etc.

There is the option to stay on and complete a Masters degree in a lot of subjects like the MSc in Criminal Investigations, MSc in Criminal Justice and Criminology and MSc in Criminal and Forensic Psychology.

I didn't do my Undergraduate Degree at Derby, but I know there are a lot of opportunities and the potential for trips to the United States to look at their justice system.

Thank you for your feedback, always nice to hear from someone with first hand experience of a uni. Hoping to get to their open day next month.

Alice
Hi, I have applied for the foundation programme joint honours 2019. I'm just wondering when I'm likely to hear back? At the open day, the tutor just said i would have a response soon after applying.
Reply 6
Hi, I’m looking too apply for the Foundation Programme Joint Honours. I have spoken too the Access team this week, regarding the information event being held next week. I was told that if I can’t make it next week then they will be holding more in January ready for those who want too apply for September 2019. I know you have too do assessments on the day, and was wondering what they’re like?
Original post by Morg_19
Hi, I’m looking too apply for the Foundation Programme Joint Honours. I have spoken too the Access team this week, regarding the information event being held next week. I was told that if I can’t make it next week then they will be holding more in January ready for those who want too apply for September 2019. I know you have too do assessments on the day, and was wondering what they’re like?

Hi I went to the information event a couple of weeks ago, and it was very informative. No assessments were needed on the day. The tutor just told me to submit my application and she would reply quickly. I have already submitted mine, so I have everything crossed now. And just wondering what the timescale is for them replying.
If you do need to do Maths and English assessments, I believe they call you for the tests later.
Reply 8
Hi guys, I have got an conditional offer from derby university for Foundation business, accounting and finance. I will be commuting from Leicester. Is there any students who are commuting from Leicester or doing the same course as me? 😃
Original post by Ash7892
Hi guys, I have got an conditional offer from derby university for Foundation business, accounting and finance. I will be commuting from Leicester. Is there any students who are commuting from Leicester or doing the same course as me? 😃

Hi @Ash7892,

Hopefully you will hear back from someone soon, but if you want another chance to find someone from Leicester or Foundation Business, Accounting and Finance, I would suggest joining our Facebook Group, Coming to Derby Uni, and putting a post in there :smile:

Ryan
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by University of Derby
Hi Guys,

This is a thread for our 2019 applicants. If you have any questions about the University, our city, accommodation or a particular course, post it in here and we will answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

University of Derby Rep.

i'm starting my accountant management top up BSc on january 28th is the course accredited?
Original post by Ash7892

Hi! I am from Leicester too. Got a Conditional offer (but Unconditional if I choose to make it my firm choice) from Uni of Derby but for Psychology BSc. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, ive got an unconditional offer for the online Msc in Environmental health and am thinking of starting January rather than May as planned because my local area gives student jobs in February each year so timing would be better.
Anyone else doing this course?
Reply 13
I'm looking at doing Physical Activity Nutrition and Health. I want a job as a clinical dietition or nutritonist.
Hi , I currently have an unconditional for the Foundation Programme Joint Honours Law with budiness and I am thinking of living with my bf but I would like to know which cheap places you recommend me around( Friar Gate) . We are able to pay around 550£ per month( both students). I have seen a 2 Bedroom flat for around 460 £ around town centre ,is that right ? Or it is for each bedroom? :/ I am lost.Any help ,please?
Hi!

I am planning to apply for the Mres Program in Psychology, but I have finished my undergraduate course from India, how to know if I am eligible for the course or not? Also, is there any course specific scholarship available for it?
Hi @madhu_smita,

Hope you've already seen this reply but if not it can be found here

Thanks
Marizel
Original post by madhu_smita
Hi!

I am planning to apply for the Mres Program in Psychology, but I have finished my undergraduate course from India, how to know if I am eligible for the course or not? Also, is there any course specific scholarship available for it?
Yes I have. Thanks Marizel! ^_^
Original post by University of Derby
Hi @madhu_smita,

Hope you've already seen this reply but if not it can be found here

Thanks
Marizel
Is anyone applying or got a place on MSc children’s nursing?
Hi @University of Derby

I hope its okay to ask here!

I'm hoping to apply to your University for the Zoology course next year, I'll be 22! However I don't have A-levels. I have 5+ GCSEs above C and Both Maths and English are also above C. Would I have to apply for the Access Course and then the Zoology course, or could I go straight to Zoology with the Foundation year? When I emailed, I was told I wouldnt have to do the Foundation year if I passed Access, so Im wondering if I could just do the Foundation year. I'm pretty set on what I want to study and where, its just a case of how! :biggrin:

Thanks in Advance for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending