The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Higher Tier Maths - Paper 1 - 21st May 2019 (Non-Calc)

Scroll to see replies

I am trying to aim for grade 8/9, I am quite stressed because I am self studying for this and I have not learnt all the topics yet.. I only have under 1 month left to learn everything and revise too! This thread is definitely useful though, I bookmarked it, thank you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Got a grade 9 in maths last year so msg me if anyone needs help/wants some revision tips 😁
Original post by Sam snake
Got a grade 9 in maths last year so msg me if anyone needs help/wants some revision tips 😁

Hey how did u revise and wat resources did you use
I want a 6 or 7 in Maths GCSE as I am on higher. This shouldn’t be impossible as you only need 45%. That is good because I struggle with geometry.
Ok so I didn’t make any notes because personally I think it’s a waste of time for maths, even at a level. Just do as many questions in your text book as possible and if you look at a question and don’t see the answer straight away do it.
Original post by IsMo987
Hey how did u revise and wat resources did you use
Ok so I didn’t make any notes because personally I think it’s a waste of time for maths, even at a level. Just do as many questions in your text book as possible and if you look at a question and don’t see the answer straight away do it.

Could u help me with
Revision is going okay.
I am quite prepared.
I want a grade 6 or 7.
I'm just gonna say that loci and constructions have been worryingly absent from last year's exam. Oof.
Original post by BlueBandana
I'm just gonna say that loci and constructions have been worryingly absent from last year's exam. Oof.

Yeah it's come up on a lot of predicted papers as well - I suggest to be prepared!
Reply 29
I want a 9 but all the Jun 18/Nov 18 and new mock papers are hard af :frown: I got a 7 in the mock as we used the Autumn mock set 4 papers which were sooo hard. I NEED this 9
Just popping in to let you guys know that there's a predicted paper 1 available to try here

Of course it's all guesswork but it's still worth a try!

And also if you havent checked out the 2018 papers they are available here

Good luck!
Original post by m2b
I want a 9 but all the Jun 18/Nov 18 and new mock papers are hard af :frown: I got a 7 in the mock as we used the Autumn mock set 4 papers which were sooo hard. I NEED this 9

Hey 😁 I got a 9 in June 2018, need any help or revision tips?
Original post by IsMo987
Could u help me with

Yeh I’m a awake now and I did it wrong, looks like I worked out hemisphere volume not surface area 🙄
Yeh I’m a awake now and I did it wrong, looks like I worked out hemisphere volume not surface area 🙄

Lol aww its fine I’ve been trying with surface area but it hasn’t beeen giving me the right answer
Original post by IsMo987
Lol aww its fine I’ve been trying with surface area but it hasn’t beeen giving me the right answer

What’s the actual answer ?
What’s the actual answer ?

Original post by IsMo987

Not sure then because I redid it and got 200cm^3 (3sf). I can’t see anything wrong with my working either
Reply 37
Do you lot think the grade boundaries will increase?
If anyone wants to revise Maths GCSE on Discord then feel free to DM me. I'll invite you to my revision server where we can get loads done if you're actually interested.

I am aiming for a grade 7+.
Original post by Steve445
If anyone wants to revise Maths GCSE on Discord then feel free to DM me. I'll invite you to my revision server where we can get loads done if you're actually interested.

I am aiming for a grade 7+.

Yes pleaseeeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending