The Student Room Group

AQA A level psychology Issues and debate answers on PAPER 1 ??????

When answering questions on discuss/evaluate or 16 mark questions, can you talk about issues and debate as evaluation points in PAPER 1 ? For example,in the psychopathology section, 'the behaviourist explanation for the development of phobias has been criticised for being environmentally REDUCTIONIST, by reducing human behaviour to a simple stimulus–response association' can you include what you learned on paper 3??? Thanks!!!!!!!
yeah, you can do that with any topic eg reference how the biological approach has real life applications in treating SZ, if anything you're supposed to include I&D wherever is applicable
Reply 2
OK thanks so I can include any issues and debate issues on any question in PAPER1 AND PAPER2? its just like a normal evaluation point right
Reply 3
OK thanks :smile: so I can include any issues and debate issues on any question in PAPER1 AND PAPER2? its just like a normal evaluation point right
yeah, it is its own topic, but its also evaluation
Original post by John123hi
When answering questions on discuss/evaluate or 16 mark questions, can you talk about issues and debate as evaluation points in PAPER 1 ? For example,in the psychopathology section, 'the behaviourist explanation for the development of phobias has been criticised for being environmentally REDUCTIONIST, by reducing human behaviour to a simple stimulus–response association' can you include what you learned on paper 3??? Thanks!!!!!!!

If you are going to do that you need to reference specifically the topic in question, as currently in your example it does not evaluate the explanation for phobias, rather just behaviourism itself, therefore you will not access the higher levels of marking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending