The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Decoder
What's the other condition for an object to be in equilibrium other than resultant force adding to make 0? That was the first question on section B

Resultant moment is 0
Original post by Decoder
Was it not diagonally downwards? The last choice on that question? Because I measured the vectors with a ruler and the horizontal one was smaller by 0.4 cm

The diagonal had a horziontally component bigger than the original one that was angled and this is impossible s if you resolve them
Original post by Decoder
There was a multiple choice question on stationary waves in a bottle and I put the first diagram down. The one with nodes and anti nodes. Also what did everyone get for the ball being dropped multiple choice question where you had to use suvat.

stationary waves was C
time 0.144 or something?
Original post by Decoder
Oh and also the uncertainty multiple choice question which asked which one was the least accurate value for 9.81. I put A for that one.

yes it was A, highest % uncertainity
Original post by mathschem
what did you guys get for the 6 mark one?

photon absorbed, electron emitted, intensity, threshold, work function, KE max, conservation of energy, 1 to 1 interaction, etc etc.
stationary wave was C (Q20) as it was close and open. at close, you have a node and at open, antinode ==>> C

the table about constructive interference - 75 and 95 as path diff is a multiple of lamda
average force was 260 by using newtons 2nd law

w=n is wrong cos of newton third law
Reply 47
Yep

Original post by thekidwhogames
average force was 260 by using newtons 2nd law

w=n is wrong cos of newton third law
Reply 48
Could anyone tell me what they wrote for the 4 marker on the displacement time graph - it asked what happens to Velocity over the period of time.
Original post by Decoder
Could anyone tell me what they wrote for the 4 marker on the displacement time graph - it asked what happens to Velocity over the period of time.

velocity is decreasing as the gradient is getting more negative but magnitude of velocity increasing and it comes to instanreous rest then rebounds (so vpositive velocity but negative gradient e.g. negative acceleration)
and v=0 at the end as thats max displacement after rebounding
I found the exam quite hard tbh timing was an issue. Also what did everyone put for the mpc on powers relation to velocity
I did AS physics last year and that **** was hard
Original post by thekidwhogames
I think boundaries will remain the same as its slightly harder than last year which was low still
Original post by Decoder
There was a multiple choice question on stationary waves in a bottle and I put the first diagram down. The one with nodes and anti nodes. Also what did everyone get for the ball being dropped multiple choice question where you had to use suvat.

It had an anti node at the open end and a node at the closed end so ANAN, for the stationary waves
What did you guys get for the question on the electron gun, where it asked you to prove that the velocity of the electron was about 9x10^6ms^-1? I think I got it to about 8.6x10^6ms^-1 which rounds to 9 obviously but I’m not sure if it should be closer

Original post by AverageHuman
IMG_20190514_105355.jpg
Same... I didn't have enough time to finish the MCs and guessed most of them... so sad...
Original post by fabs_023
I found the exam quite hard tbh timing was an issue. Also what did everyone put for the mpc on powers relation to velocity
Reply 56
Can someone tell me what they put for the multiple choice question on refractive index - which one has a greater critical angle or something? I put the first one (the highest refractive index).
Reply 57
Original post by Decoder
Can someone tell me what they put for the multiple choice question on refractive index - which one has a greater critical angle or something? I put the first one (the highest refractive index).

Yeah same I put the first one, as higher refractive index means smaller critical angle as Sin C = 1/n, but yeah I hope that was right
Original post by peeked
Yeah same I put the first one, as higher refractive index means smaller critical angle as Sin C = 1/n, but yeah I hope that was right

Yes this should be fine
Original post by AlexMurphy122
What did you guys get for the question on the electron gun, where it asked you to prove that the velocity of the electron was about 9x10^6ms^-1? I think I got it to about 8.6x10^6ms^-1 which rounds to 9 obviously but I’m not sure if it should be closer

I think this is correct

Latest