Speed one was proof
Wavelength 8 and some power of 10
Photo electric was routine
Ip was 0.36 and other was 1 which is nearly 3 as much
W=n is wrong cos that's the wrong pair
Mass 6.93kg?
Last multiple was C

V was 2 gradient cos 2 x distance between nodes
Describing was easy then tangents and suvat and change in momentum to get f is 260
Was a good paper, only question i was unsure of was the compression multiple choice question right at the start? Any ideas? i think i guessed C in the end
Reply 9
Original post by archie.science
Was a good paper, only question i was unsure of was the compression multiple choice question right at the start? Any ideas? i think i guessed C in the end

I put B because I kind of like imagined if you bent something like that and it would be most compressed on then top in the middle (B) and most stretched on the bottom at C so yeah I put B.
Reply 10
For the young's modulus ratio one where it was like E and 1.29E as the young's modulus of A and B what did you guys put as the ratio
Reply 11
Okay I feel a bit more reassured now after looking at @thekidwhogames replies, those answers seem similar so okay not too bad :smile:
But yeah I don't think the paper was too bad and an A will probably be like 75% ish
Original post by peeked
For the young's modulus ratio one where it was like E and 1.29E as the young's modulus of A and B what did you guys put as the ratio

0.996 or somerhing as force is the tension and young modulus rearrange
Young modulus = FL/AX

fl/ax of b = 1.29 fl/ax ofa

Cancel a and l

F/x of B = 1.29 f/x of a
U have tensions so rearrange
Reply 14
Oh ofc, I completely ignored the fact that you have the tensions from previous parts of the question, that's annoying but hopefully I'll still get one of the 2 marks as I did all the working just didn't put the number in.
Reply 15
What did u get for the force on the dolphin
I can't remember just resolve

6.93kg was mass
I think boundaries will remain the same as its slightly harder than last year which was low still
Reply 18
Also can you lose marks for putting your answer to too many significant figures like for example 1.92x10^3 instead of 1.9x10^3 like do you have to do the put your answer to the number of significant figures of the least accurate given value.
Original post by peeked
Also can you lose marks for putting your answer to too many significant figures like for example 1.92x10^3 instead of 1.9x10^3 like do you have to do the put your answer to the number of significant figures of the least accurate given value.

Give it tj the precision of the q but most of these calc were proof

Latest