The Student Room Group

If you ask for an extra sheet in your exam, your paper gets sent to the main examiner

Mainly for AQA and especially for science. If you ask for an extra sheet due to wanting to write more, your exam paper is sent to the chief examiner and they mark it.

Scroll to see replies

Why?
Reply 2
thats bull lol
Weird aqa r so annoying they make things harder
Reply 4
that's pretty good if that's the case, my handwriting is very ugly and as a scanned copy it is probably really bad
Reply 6
Original post by Andrew97
Why would it?

Original post by gb0101
thats bull lol

It's not bull. You can ask your science teachers about it. It just does
Original post by TheCapstan
It's not bull. You can ask your science teachers about it. It just does

I think you may have misunderstood slightly.

If you write on extra paper, that question will be send directly to an examiner, rather than scanned. The examiner may well be a bit more senior/ experienced. It will not be sent to the chief examiner. These are the people who set the exams- they don't usually mark live scripts.

Exam marking is very standardised, so it doesn't really matter who marks your paper anyway.
Yeah, it doesn't. It just gets sent to a person rather than get automatically scanned.
Reply 9
Original post by RazzzBerries
Yeah, it doesn't. It just gets sent to a person rather than get automatically scanned.

I should've asked for more paper :biggrin:
Original post by SoCraZy
that's pretty good if that's the case, my handwriting is very ugly and as a scanned copy it is probably really bad

If they can't read your handwriting on a scanned copy, the paper will also be sent on to an examiner- but the scanners are very good quality.
Reply 11
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If they can't read your handwriting on a scanned copy, the paper will also be sent on to an examiner- but the scanners are very good quality.

I hope so, the last thing I want is a bad grade because of handwriting :s-smilie:
Original post by SoCraZy
I should've asked for more paper :biggrin:

:lol:

I did for Chem today because I messed up my dot and cross diagram. Hopefully the examiner is nice :s-smilie:, that was one hell of an exam.
Original post by SoCraZy
I hope so, the last thing I want is a bad grade because of handwriting :s-smilie:

If your handwriting is at all readable (i.e. your teachers in school can read it) then it'll be fine. If it's not, then you won't get marks for anything that can't be read. If the examiner can't e.g. distinguish between two similar words (e.g. Glucagon and Glycogen) then you may miss out on marks there too. It might be worth writing key words etc in capitals if you think this will help the examiner read your writing.

:lol:

I did for Chem today because I messed up my dot and cross diagram. Hopefully the examiner is nice :s-smilie:, that was one hell of an exam.

1!
Examiners are trained to be objective- and especially in science nice vs harsh can't really come into it. I'm sure you've done well though!
Reply 14
If your handwriting is at all readable (i.e. your teachers in school can read it) then it'll be fine. If it's not, then you won't get marks for anything that can't be read. If the examiner can't e.g. distinguish between two similar words (e.g. Glucagon and Glycogen) then you may miss out on marks there too. It might be worth writing key words etc in capitals if you think this will help the examiner read your writing.

thanks for the advise :smile:

1!
Examiners are trained to be objective- and especially in science nice vs harsh can't really come into it. I'm sure you've done well though!

Probably multiple :lol:
Very true :yep:. No, I don't think there's much saving me after that, but let's hope I can redeem myself in Paper 2 :s-smilie:. Thanks though :hugs:

I think you may have misunderstood slightly.

If you write on extra paper, that question will be send directly to an examiner, rather than scanned. The examiner may well be a bit more senior/ experienced. It will not be sent to the chief examiner. These are the people who set the exams- they don't usually mark live scripts.

Exam marking is very standardised, so it doesn't really matter who marks your paper anyway.

Phew. I get it now, thanks. Hopefully the examiner isn't harsh.
Phew. I get it now, thanks. Hopefully the examiner isn't harsh.

Get praying :adore:
Get praying :adore:

My prayer didn't work for Chem paper 1.
My prayer didn't work for Chem paper 1.

Same. Just pray for low GBs.

Quick Reply

Latest