The Student Room Group

How much processing power does a human brain have?

Also, does anyone know what would hypothetically happen if humans were suspended in a fluid like substance for a long time? I know you are when in production but curious to know the effects after full release.

Let's say the fluid could provide all nutritional needs.

Thank you

:h:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Did you just reply to your own thread, apologizing for a lack of responses...?
Original post by Tootles
Did you just reply to your own thread, apologizing for a lack of responses...?

It helped :h:
Reply 4
It helped :h:

No it didn't. You got one response asking if you bumped your own thread - after eleven minutes - and one taking the piss.
Oh, this is good information, thank you :biggrin:

I saw they did an experiment where they joined the brains of rats together, do you think that's possible with humans too?! :shock:
Brilliant :woo:
Much more efficient just to run silicon-based computers. The amount of energy that would go into producing and administering this goo substance would be enormous.
Also if you suspended humans in fluid for long periods of time, their skin would probably go all gross and raisin-y.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Much more efficient just to run silicon-based computers. The amount of energy that would go into producing and administering this goo substance would be enormous.

How would you power the computers though...?
TSR Jessica is not a bot after all? Oh wow
How would you power the computers though...?

I dunno. I assumed you had electricity because you're talking about mixing this fluid stuff and presumably pumping it through the human tanks so that it stays fresh.
Yes I am definitely a human :h: How are you?
I am good thank you, yourself?

With respect to your questions, some of the smartasses over at Quora might be able to help with the processing power question; with respect to being suspended in fluid, I would imagine it would cause significant skin degradation over time due to the properties of human skin.
Yes I am definitely a human :h: How are you?
I dunno. I assumed you had electricity because you're talking about mixing this fluid stuff and presumably pumping it through the human tanks so that it stays fresh.

Hmm. This is food for thought
Thank you :h: I will check out Quora. I guess I will have to think about the formulating the liquid adequately as skin is delicate....
Thank you :h: I will check out Quora. I guess I will have to think about the formulating the liquid adequately as skin is delicate....

hypothetically of course

I think it would be possible to recycle the contents to make it more efficient.
What kind of fluid were you thinking of? Something like perfluorocarbon that we can breathe in?
Yes something like that exactly :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending