The Student Room Group

Will everyone in my english lit 2 exam be disqualified?

okay so about 30 mins into the exam, someone's phone went off,very loudly. Everyone looked in the direction it came from, and it 100% went off inside the exam venue.

After the exam ended, everyone in that general area was called into the other hall and made to empty their pockets to show that they didn't have their phone. My friend told me (he was in there) that no one had theirs or at least no one got caught. We think that the person who had it either got out without being checked (like me), or managed to hide it very well.

we have a zero tolerance policy at our school: if you bring your phone in, you will be disqualified from that exam. You get warned at least 4 times not to bring it in.

Does anyone know what will happen now? since they didn't find out who it was, will we all have to resit the exam or something? I am extremely worried as I am very confident in how I did in that exam. They probably won't own up to it.
Original post by annabelwillow
okay so about 30 mins into the exam, someone's phone went off,very loudly. Everyone looked in the direction it came from, and it 100% went off inside the exam venue.

After the exam ended, everyone in that general area was called into the other hall and made to empty their pockets to show that they didn't have their phone. My friend told me (he was in there) that no one had theirs or at least no one got caught. We think that the person who had it either got out without being checked (like me), or managed to hide it very well.

we have a zero tolerance policy at our school: if you bring your phone in, you will be disqualified from that exam. You get warned at least 4 times not to bring it in.

Does anyone know what will happen now? since they didn't find out who it was, will we all have to resit the exam or something? I am extremely worried as I am very confident in how I did in that exam. They probably won't own up to it.

You will be fine. They didnt catch anyone, so they cant punish them.
The school may introduce more warnings or make you leave your bags in a different area.
I don’t think everyone will be disqualified as it isn’t fair to everyone else who sat the exam and it’s normally the invigilators or exam boards decision not the schools so hopefully you’ll be fine
okay, thanks, that has reassured me a bit :smile:

Original post by 999tigger
You will be fine. They didnt catch anyone, so they cant punish them.
The school may introduce more warnings or make you leave your bags in a different area.
Reply 4
You will be fine, I'm sure. However, when you do find out who it was (as you inevitably will) then you're fully justified to give them some stick for stressing you out.
Original post by annabelwillow
okay, thanks, that has reassured me a bit :smile:

I very rarely say never, but I say if I was in your position I would 100% not be worried.
The penalty for mobile phones going off is low, never mind the fact it wasnt yours and they didnt locate anyone.
They dont do collective responsibility.
Ok I looked it up for you.

The worst it can be is a warning . The lowest penalty.
mobile phone.PNG
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwi1hsqIxLLiAhUR_aQKHQ9eDLoQFjABegQIABAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jcq.org.uk%2FDownload%2Fexams-office%2Fmalpractice%2Fsuspected-malpractice-in-examinations-and-assessments-2018-19&usg=AOvVaw1UKZSZ3wxiOfQw5Uy5jn_G

It is on p40.

That should 100% reassure you.
Oh believe me, if we do find out who it was, they'll practically be hung drawn and quartered lol
Original post by Davy611
You will be fine, I'm sure. However, when you do find out who it was (as you inevitably will) then you're fully justified to give them some stick for stressing you out.
you're an angel! thank you so much :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
I very rarely say never, but I say if I was in your position I would 100% not be worried.
The penalty for mobile phones going off is low, never mind the fact it wasnt yours and they didnt locate anyone.
They dont do collective responsibility.
Ok I looked it up for you.

The worst it can be is a warning . The lowest penalty.
mobile phone.PNG
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwi1hsqIxLLiAhUR_aQKHQ9eDLoQFjABegQIABAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jcq.org.uk%2FDownload%2Fexams-office%2Fmalpractice%2Fsuspected-malpractice-in-examinations-and-assessments-2018-19&usg=AOvVaw1UKZSZ3wxiOfQw5Uy5jn_G

It is on p40.

That should 100% reassure you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending