The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature Grade Boundaries

What do the grade boundaries tend to be per essay?
For example, do you think an A will be 18/19/20 out of 25?
Thanks
I think its more likely to change depending on how well everyone does but I wouldn't know for sure, sorry.
Ah okay, no worries, thanks for replying.
Original post by Jdoyle286
I think its more likely to change depending on how well everyone does but I wouldn't know for sure, sorry.
Reply 3
An A is usually lower, the 2018 A boundary was 48/75, meaning you need 16 minimum on each essay to achieve it. The grade boundaries change year by year though depending on the difficulty of the paper, so aim for your best regardless.
Original post by GoldenShade
What do the grade boundaries tend to be per essay?
For example, do you think an A will be 18/19/20 out of 25?
Thanks
Thank you :smile:
Original post by ujabri
An A is usually lower, the 2018 A boundary was 48/75, meaning you need 16 minimum on each essay to achieve it. The grade boundaries change year by year though depending on the difficulty of the paper, so aim for your best regardless.
That's only for english lit option B right? Option A i think is harder - you're going to need at least 18-20 marks out of 25 to secure an A for that.
Original post by ujabri
I'd assume they were the same...
Original post by AelinAshryver
That's only for english lit option B right? Option A i think is harder - you're going to need at least 18-20 marks out of 25 to secure an A for that.
@AelinAshryver is right. 18/25 average for English Literature A is an A grade. 21 is A*. However, I reckon this year it may be lower due to the first paper :biggrin:.
Original post by GoldenShade
I'd assume they were the same...
Reply 8
Original post by AelinAshryver

Oh yes, I wasn’t sure which one they did, so I just went with Eng Lit B since that’s the one I do 🤷🏽*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending