The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry 2019 Paper 2 June 11th 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Exam is tomorrow, just getting things started and people can come and post answers or questions afterwards

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone any idea about the flavanol structure of the Ester that we were meant to draw?
Reply 2
I drew the oxygen attached to an ethanoic molecule
Original post by Munrhe
Anyone any idea about the flavanol structure of the Ester that we were meant to draw?
Thanks for making this! How did it go today guys?
Reply 4
Ah, I thought we had to do the whole flavanol structure and somehow make an Easter out of it
Original post by Eumaps
I drew the oxygen attached to an ethanoic molecule
That was probably, by far, the worst paper I did
hey can u make a poll pls
Reply 7
Apart from the six marker flavanol drawing part, it seemed easy and much less time pressure than paper 1. Everyone at my college seem to agree which means that I think a lot of high scores with this paper so all relative
Reply 8
Original post by RudelyHonest
That was probably, by far, the worst paper I did

Agreed
Reply 9
Apart from the six marker flavanol drawing part, it seemed easy and much less time pressure than paper 1. Everyone at my college seem to agree which means that I think a lot of high scores with this paper so all relative
Harder than paper 1
Original post by Munrhe

The 4 compounds were ethanoic acid, ethyl ethanoate, flavan-3-one (the OH group oxidises into a ketone), and the last one is where the OH group in flanvan-3-ol become part of an ester with ethanoic acid, don't know how to name it though.
Reply 12
Omg same that is the only question that completely drew off.
Original post by Munrhe
Reply 13
Thank you very much
Original post by mildhan
The 4 compounds were ethanoic acid, ethyl ethanoate, flavan-3-one (the OH group oxidises into a ketone), and the last one is where the OH group in flanvan-3-ol become part of an ester with ethanoic acid, don't know how to name it though.
Reply 14
i found this harder than paper 1 but think ive done better in this lol
That was so bad. I want to cry
That's 5 though, was it 4 AND one with a fruity smell? I read it as 4 compounds, one of which had a fruity smell?
Original post by mildhan
What was answer for the impurity question
mass of carbon 1.7g
k=3.0something mol^2dm^-6s-1
also the last mechanism? i didnt see it in our textbook?
what did you guys circle for 4.8ppm?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
wasn’t it 3.8ppm? and i circled the ester C-H-O- bond.
Original post by Sum Mmed
yield 60.3%
mass of carbon 1.7g
k=3.0something mol^2dm^-6s-1
also the last mechanism? i didnt see it in our textbook?
what did you guys circle for 4.8ppm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending