I’m hoping to get

English lit and Lang - 8
Maths - 5
Science - 8
Re - 7
History - 7
Art - 7
Sports - distinction

I really don’t think I’ll get all of these??? I’m so nervous for exams even though they are a while away but they’ll soon come. Is anyone here good at maths that has any advice on tips on how to revise for it
Original post by shady1402
how much revision has everyone done this summer? I'm not really revising I'm more like making my notes and just skimming through them a bit just so I know that I have everything done. I want to get my year 10 notes done by end of this month and year 11 notes done by February, meaning I will have to study ahead of everyone ygm. cos I need to do loads of practice. also when does everyone go back to school? we can share our day back on here which will be so interesting☺️also does anyone know roughly when their mocks are i.e. are they in march, January, December ad how many mocks do you have next year? I only have one set of mocks in January when we go back and we have to do ALL the papers except for English paper 2 for some reason. I hope everyone summer is going well xx

HI! Omg, it's weird how similar our plans are. I got 2 months of holidays and am more than halfway through and haven't done any revision that I wanted to because of the crazy amount of homework and coursework we were given. I spent every day a month doing it and am still not done! I'm currently doing some Y10 notes and hope to get them done just like you! Let me know if you're interested and we could routinely share our progress to see how we're doing! Thanks!
Original post by Kool Kats
I hope to get

Maths - 5
Eng Lang + Lit - 8
Double Science - 7,7
Art - 9
French - 8
German - 9
Geography - 8

I honestly don’t think I’ll pass most of these things, since the start of Year 10 I’ve been failing literally everything except Art (spend all my time on this) and German (I’m half German so doesn’t really count). I’m going to be so disappointed if I don’t get a 9 in Art, I’ve put so much work in. I really don’t want to have to retake Maths and English though, I’ve always been bad at maths but I used to really enjoy English... not the case anymore.

You have really good predictions and I'm sure you will do just fine! Just try and focus on your less fav subs as well and balancing priorities!
Reply 63
How is everyone formatting their notes? Are you just condensing the textbook or using class notes? Also planning to get all year 10 notes out of the way so can focus on memorising them next year! Thanks
Original post by epicnm
How is everyone formatting their notes? Are you just condensing the textbook or using class notes? Also planning to get all year 10 notes out of the way so can focus on memorising them next year! Thanks

I’m putting all of my notes into mind maps and flash cards to make revision easier, in planning on doing this for all of my year 10 notes before September so I don’t have to worry although in not sure if I will finish them
how much revision has everyone done this summer? I'm not really revising I'm more like making my notes and just skimming through them a bit just so I know that I have everything done. I want to get my year 10 notes done by end of this month and year 11 notes done by February, meaning I will have to study ahead of everyone ygm. cos I need to do loads of practice. also when does everyone go back to school? we can share our day back on here which will be so interesting☺️also does anyone know roughly when their mocks are i.e. are they in march, January, December ad how many mocks do you have next year? I only have one set of mocks in January when we go back and we have to do ALL the papers except for English paper 2 for some reason. I hope everyone summer is going well xx

I’m not going to revise much over summer but I’m going to try and get my year 10 notes finished before September, for my mocks I have some in October, November, February, March and May which I think is too much 😂 hope everyone has a good summer and good luck for year 11😊
Original post by snow.fall15
HI! Omg, it's weird how similar our plans are. I got 2 months of holidays and am more than halfway through and haven't done any revision that I wanted to because of the crazy amount of homework and coursework we were given. I spent every day a month doing it and am still not done! I'm currently doing some Y10 notes and hope to get them done just like you! Let me know if you're interested and we could routinely share our progress to see how we're doing! Thanks!

I get 2 months of summer aswell!! I've barley touched my art coursework which is bad because I want to get a 8 overall. I haven't done any of my summer homework at all but I think I'm going to do all that in the last week. I have a list of things I need to do before we go back and I've only done 2/28 which is so bad. I have only completed notes for two subjects which I guess is okay, but I've got so much to do. off we can share our progress, it'll be so nice to see how we progress throughout this year xx
Original post by epicnm

I'm using free science lessons for science and I make notes from everything he says, for English lang I'm obvs just doing practice, English lit I'm using my book and get revising and videos, art is just coursework, maths I'm using maths genie, Spanish is quizlet, and rs I'm doing practice and my book along with videos☺️ I use cgp books along with this and practice papers/questions xx
Original post by Emily~3695
I’m not going to revise much over summer but I’m going to try and get my year 10 notes finished before September, for my mocks I have some in October, November, February, March and May which I think is too much 😂 hope everyone has a good summer and good luck for year 11😊

geezzzz so many mocks that would stress me out but atleas you get into a routine :smile: yep I'm planing on getting all my notes done from year 10 and going ahead aswell xx
geezzzz so many mocks that would stress me out but atleas you get into a routine :smile: yep I'm planing on getting all my notes done from year 10 and going ahead aswell xx

Yh it’s a bit stressful but then I guess I’ll be prepared for GCSEs and they won’t feel that bad, does anyone else still have content to cover? Most schools in the area (except mine 😂) finished at the end of year 10
Hello,
Are Year 9s going into Year 10s welcome or is this just for 10s into 11?

I have made science note throughout the year and for the rest I made flashcards and I have LOADS of summer homework, and I just finished Re and almost Geography for science I am just doing 2 tests on all the topics and marking them then I can do what I found hard. xx
Original post by EmmaGh
but you need a form of maths to study medicine in uni but I hate maths.

No you don't - you need two sciences for nearly off med schools (ideally biology and chemistry)
Original post by Emily~3695
Yh it’s a bit stressful but then I guess I’ll be prepared for GCSEs and they won’t feel that bad, does anyone else still have content to cover? Most schools in the area (except mine 😂) finished at the end of year 10

wtf I have loads of content still lmao - I'm assuming those other schools started in year 9?
omg I got a question, so I like science a lot and I am very interested in forensics but also criminology, was subjects would you suggest me taking in college
Thanks xx
take the best subjects trust me they are the BEST.
Original post by prasad112
take the best subjects trust me they are the BEST.

what are the "best"subjects can you specify??
they are the best.
I cant say any more because they are just too good
im just messing about but seriously, YOU SHOULD JUST CHECK ON GOOGLE, but personally i would recommend ancient history, history and turkish. If you dont like turkish you can go for latin.

Quick Reply

Latest