The Student Room Group

what are some good science and maths revision websites?

im going into yr 10 and im taking triple science, i would like to know what are some good science and maths revision websites to study from? pls help me out
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by alisa123
im going into yr 10 and im taking triple science, i would like to know what are some good science and maths revision websites to study from?

Seneca was good for learning science content. And I used mathswatch and Corbett maths. Also watch primrose kittens and freesciencelessons on YouTube. I hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by bleh_bleh
Seneca was good for learning science content. And I used mathswatch and Corbett maths. Also watch primrose kittens and freesciencelessons on YouTube. I hope this helps!

thankyou!
Physics and maths tutor, I cannot stress enough how amazing this site is. (I used it for biology chemsitry and physics- maths was for a level) it splits each topic down into subtopics and basicallly has all past paper questions AND answers. So it’s really good for learning the formulae to certain questions (which exam boards tend to repeat)
Reply 4
Original post by rohanodo
Physics and maths tutor, I cannot stress enough how amazing this site is. (I used it for biology chemsitry and physics- maths was for a level) it splits each topic down into subtopics and basicallly has all past paper questions AND answers. So it’s really good for learning the formulae to certain questions (which exam boards tend to repeat)

thankyou!
Onmaths. I used it diligently for a month or two in yr 11 and went from a 6 to a high 8. Use stuff other mentioned to learn topic if u need and use onmaths to test urself.

Go to the topics section work through the topics. Each question is harder than the next until it gets to the final question (they dont repeat question of same difficulty so u wont get bored and can refresh knowledge on topic quickly) if u get the question wrong then refresh page to get same question with different numbers so u can practice. Once u can get through whole topic fairly quickly without mistakes u shouldnt need to do it again for at least a week. Work through a topic at a time (u can use it to check knowledge after u have learnt topic in lesson since ur just starting yr 10) repeat topics on regular basis to build speed
On the website u can also go through mixed questions.

Sidenote, learning how to factorise quadratics, even when coefficient of x^2 is not 1 is a very important skill that will help u if u learn it early and can be quick at it.
Also, When my sis tried to use onmaths the day before gcses it crashed so dont leave revision till last minute. Hope this helps.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gyuigygh
Onmaths. I used it diligently for a month or two in yr 11 and went from a 6 to a high 8. Use stuff other mentioned to learn topic if u need and use onmaths to test urself.

Go to the topics section work through the topics. Each question is harder than the next until it gets to the final question (they dont repeat question of same difficulty so u wont get bored and can refresh knowledge on topic quickly) if u get the question wrong then refresh page to get same question with different numbers so u can practice. Once u can get through whole topic fairly quickly without mistakes u shouldnt need to do it again for at least a week. Work through a topic at a time (u can use it to check knowledge after u have learnt topic in lesson since ur just starting yr 10) repeat topics on regular basis to build speed
On the website u can also go through mixed questions.

Sidenote, learning how to factorise quadratics, even when coefficient of x^2 is not 1 is a very important skill that will help u if u learn it early and can be quick at it.
Also, When my sis tried to use onmaths the day before gcses it crashed so dont leave revision till last minute. Hope this helps.

it does help thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest