The Student Room Group

Are cargo/chino/khaki/tan shorts in fashion in the UK?

Thinking about getting these: https://www.aeropostale.com/classic-twill-stretch-10.5%22-cargo-shorts/66113647.html?dwvar_66113647_color=257&dwvar_66113647_size=3200&cgid=guys-bottoms-shorts#start=12

I've seen quite a few men wearing them this summer but I'm wondering are they actually in fashion in this country? I know that cargo shorts are big in America but even there they are often stereotyped with being worn sloppy overweight middle aged men. But I think on the right person they can look good.

I'm thinking of wearing them with maybe a white or black t-shirt or a black hoodie depending on the weather.

I'm 22, male, around 32 inch waist and 5'11. Will I look good in them or not?
Overweight American man here :hello:

I love cargo shorts (though cannot see your link) and wear them pretty much whenever I'm not at work. I think they look good and the extra pockets are great.

Have I just put you off? :mmm:
Reply 2
Original post by CollegeStudent99
I'm wondering are they actually in fashion in this country?

Does it matter? If you like them, wear them. Never seen the point in being a label slave or a sheeple.
Original post by Surnia
Does it matter? If you like them, wear them. Never seen the point in being a label slave or a sheeple.

I guess you’re right. I have seen quite a few men wearing them, though the ones without those big side pockets do seem to be more popular, and probably better looking as well. Think I might look into buying those. When my mums not looking, as I’m apparently “banned” from buying any more shorts lol.
Reply 4
Original post by CollegeStudent99
I guess you’re right. I have seen quite a few men wearing them, though the ones without those big side pockets do seem to be more popular, and probably better looking as well. Think I might look into buying those. When my mums not looking, as I’m apparently “banned” from buying any more shorts lol.

So your wardrobe isn't short on shorts? :biggrin:
Original post by Surnia
So your wardrobe isn't short on shorts? :biggrin:

Nope. Own at least 10 pairs. :biggrin::wink:

Quick Reply

Latest