The Student Room Group

Anyone have any GCSE notes or resources they could share with me for revision..

I do Macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde & An Inspector Calls for English Literature, AQA & also English language AQA
Maths - higher - edexcel
French - Higher - edexcel
Geography - AQA
Computer Science - edexcel
Science - Triple - AQA
Thank Youuuuu! :smile:
As I am in Yr13 I don't have any on me however, I did get an Eight for English LIT and 7 for Language, and what helped me to do so was to analyse quotes in depth different interpretations and techniques and memorise the historical context and link to ur analysis and explain why this AO3 is contributing to the character's portrayal.
I did Inspectors calls and after all the analysis I did LODES of exams Q's and did essays for EACH CHARACTER AND THEME IN THE PLAY and guess what Mrs.Birling came up!!
For Jekyll and Hyde again lodes of exam Q's I recommend CGP for exam Q's as they predict well.
make sure u give in ur essays for teachers to mark!!
English Language is just pure practice of your A02 skills and literary techniques I remember I did not do much revision on Language but still did lodes of exam practice, as I was the first year to do 9-1 I used CGP practice papers but you can use the previous years papers of course!!
Hope this helped lol!!
Reply 2
For sciences, i would 100% recommend freescience lessons on YouTube. He covers everything (mostly) and its quite quick as well. However, it can be boring at times.
Original post by Faithy__x
As I am in Yr13 I don't have any on me however, I did get an Eight for English LIT and 7 for Language, and what helped me to do so was to analyse quotes in depth different interpretations and techniques and memorise the historical context and link to ur analysis and explain why this AO3 is contributing to the character's portrayal.
I did Inspectors calls and after all the analysis I did LODES of exams Q's and did essays for EACH CHARACTER AND THEME IN THE PLAY and guess what Mrs.Birling came up!!
For Jekyll and Hyde again lodes of exam Q's I recommend CGP for exam Q's as they predict well.
make sure u give in ur essays for teachers to mark!!
English Language is just pure practice of your A02 skills and literary techniques I remember I did not do much revision on Language but still did lodes of exam practice, as I was the first year to do 9-1 I used CGP practice papers but you can use the previous years papers of course!!
Hope this helped lol!!

thank u soo much.. x n good luck for ur A levels
u done ur GCSE's??

Original post by rsyed14
For sciences, i would 100% recommend freescience lessons on YouTube. He covers everything (mostly) and its quite quick as well. However, it can be boring at times.

u done ur GCSE's??
Reply 5
Original post by yurgirln33s
u done ur GCSE's??

u done ur GCSE's??

Yea i got 9s in sciences and i am doing them for A levels. And one more tip for sciences, CGP revision guide are amazing so its worth investing in them if you are looking to buy revision guides.
Original post by rsyed14
Yea i got 9s in sciences and i am doing them for A levels. And one more tip for sciences, CGP revision guide are amazing so its worth investing in them if you are looking to buy revision guides.

do u think i could get an 8 or a 9 if i learn the cgp guides inside out and nothing else
Reply 7
Original post by yurgirln33s
do u think i could get an 8 or a 9 if i learn the cgp guides inside out and nothing else

GCSEs have a lot of application based questions especially in chem and physics so even if you know the guides inside out, you need to understand the stuff to apply it. You could probably do this by doing loads of questions. If you know the facts really well and know how to apply them its an easy 8.
Hey!! I got straight 9s this year- and we have the 3 sciences in common!! All I did was watch free science lessons before the mocks and wrote notes on those vids and that got me 9s.
Reply 9
Honestly just practise and how you do compared to rest of your competition and maybe a bit of luck. Just keep revisiting the facts and practise them and see where things went wrong and learn from. Eventually you will get there.

Original post by Zaratomaa
Hey!! I got straight 9s this year- and we have the 3 sciences in common!! All I did was watch free science lessons before the mocks and wrote notes on those vids and that got me 9s.

Hey! Congrats! Ik the freesciencelesson guy is amazing! I hope he makes videos for A levels
Original post by rsyed14
Honestly just practise and how you do compared to rest of your competition and maybe a bit of luck. Just keep revisiting the facts and practise them and see where things went wrong and learn from. Eventually you will get there.

Hey! Congrats! Ik the freesciencelesson guy is amazing! I hope he makes videos for A levels

Thanks 🥺 and I really hope so, bc I’m actually doing all 3 sciences 😂.
Reply 11
Original post by Zaratomaa
Thanks 🥺 and I really hope so, bc I’m actually doing all 3 sciences 😂. Suicidal, really.

Same! On top of that I am doing maths aswell 😭😭😭 But i would rather do sciences than any other subject tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest