dfb368
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone recommend any revision guides that they found useful? I am thinking of taking economics and wanted to begin on going through the course!
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dfb368)
Does anyone recommend any revision guides that they found useful? I am thinking of taking economics and wanted to begin on going through the course!
I currently use these books https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision...ords=Economics and the other books written by the same author

Which exam board are you doing?
dfb368
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
I currently use these books https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision...ords=Economics and the other books written by the same author

Edexcel; thank you for the recommendation
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Edexcel; thank you for the recommendation
Ah we're doing the same then, best of luck
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)

Out of all the ones ive used id say this is the best one

I reckon this alone + YouTube videos could get you an A.
Use the textbook as well and you should be secure for an A
Gem Thief
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Anderton texbook is really good it just waffles on about sh*t sometimes though.

(I used it for edexcel a2)
BC95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey dfb368,

Below i've linked an online revision guide, take a look at the economics section!

http://www.altacademy.org
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
Out of all the ones ive used id say this is the best one

I reckon this alone + YouTube videos could get you an A.
Use the textbook as well and you should be secure for an A
Thank you
dfb368
Rep:
?
(Original post by voldo)
The Anderton texbook is really good it just waffles on about sh*t sometimes though.

(I used it for edexcel a2)
Thanks, I appreciate the help
dfb368
Rep:
?
(Original post by BC95)
Hey dfb368,

Below i've linked an online revision guide, take a look at the economics section!

http://www.altacademy.org
Thanks, I appreciate the help
ineedA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly all the revision guides are useless in comparison to my teachers notes given to us. If anyone wants them i can send photos once I've finished exams (ocr)
ashaxo99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you know what exam board your economics a level would be, i suggest getting the textbook designed by that board. i currently use the AQA one and it is extremely useful but a lot of the syllabuses from each board are quite similar, and when it comes to economics, it'll never hurt with knowing any extra stuff - it'll be great to put in any essays!

i must say though that in general, at least at our college, we are discouraged from using one specific textbook. this is because textbooks can be confusing but also many lack the detail and breadth required to give a true insight into economic topics, although don't worry, there really isn't too much content in this subject - just a lot of general reading you could always be doing.

hence, i'd recommend using online resources too! there's some brilliant youtube videos, people such as econplusdal, which are really easy and simple to follow through with and can make studying economics a bit more exciting. also, magazines for economics targeted at A-level students are simply amazing. i learnt more from them than i have from textbooks, simply because they not only explain the relevant economic theory but link this to current events in a way us teens would actually understand. these magazines also have questions in them and model answers, as well as extension tasks, which is absolutely great for getting you started within this topic and maintaining your interest.

good luck with econ!
dfb368
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashaxo99)
if you know what exam board your economics a level would be, i suggest getting the textbook designed by that board. i currently use the AQA one and it is extremely useful but a lot of the syllabuses from each board are quite similar, and when it comes to economics, it'll never hurt with knowing any extra stuff - it'll be great to put in any essays!

i must say though that in general, at least at our college, we are discouraged from using one specific textbook. this is because textbooks can be confusing but also many lack the detail and breadth required to give a true insight into economic topics, although don't worry, there really isn't too much content in this subject - just a lot of general reading you could always be doing.

hence, i'd recommend using online resources too! there's some brilliant youtube videos, people such as econplusdal, which are really easy and simple to follow through with and can make studying economics a bit more exciting. also, magazines for economics targeted at A-level students are simply amazing. i learnt more from them than i have from textbooks, simply because they not only explain the relevant economic theory but link this to current events in a way us teens would actually understand. these magazines also have questions in them and model answers, as well as extension tasks, which is absolutely great for getting you started within this topic and maintaining your interest.

good luck with econ!
Thank you, I'll definitely take this into account
LeeLee55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ineedA)
Honestly all the revision guides are useless in comparison to my teachers notes given to us. If anyone wants them i can send photos once I've finished exams (ocr)
could you please send them to me, could I send you my email. This would be so helpful
Neelam shori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ineedA)
Hi hope ur exams went well. Can I please have ur revision notes for gcse Economics. Our teacher is pretty vague . You will be helping me out big time.
Thanks.
jeremiah_23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey I got 328/ 335 in econ last year which was 60 marks about the A* mark. I could send you the notes I used if you private messaged me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
18.08%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.03%
Not great so far... (214)
35.49%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.4%

Watched Threads