The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University 2020 applicant chat thread

Any of you thinking of applying, or already applied to Coventry? If so, what course are you looking to do? :ahee:

What interests you about the university, and why? And is there anything you want to know more about?

This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process! Want to get involved? Post any or all of the following :smile:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Discuss here, and find other students hoping to start there too! :colone:

Some useful links:
Coventry University Prospectus
Find a Course
No Hidden Extras
Scholarships & Finance
University Accommodation

Connect to Coventry University! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

You can also check out the UCAS Applications 2020 megathread >> Here

Scroll to see replies

Name: John Michele
Course: Engineering (unsure what specific course...help would be helpful)
Predicted grades: Level 3 extended diploma in Engineering predicted grade MMM
Also applying at: Bristol, Portsmouth, Lincoln, Nottingham Trent
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by John Michele
Name: John Michele
Course: Engineering (unsure what specific course...help would be helpful)
Predicted grades: Level 3 extended diploma in Engineering predicted grade MMM
Also applying at: Bristol, Portsmouth, Lincoln, Nottingham Trent

Which specific courses are you looking at? :smile:
How do you apply for the january intake?
I want to do an engineering foundation year and would like to start in january.
Original post by Mohamud1961
How do you apply for the january intake?
I want to do an engineering foundation year and would like to start in january.

I'm afraid I'm not actually sure of the answer to this, sorry! :frown:

I'd suggest getting in touch with the uni directly, if you can't find anything on their site :yep:
Original post by shadowdweller
Which specific courses are you looking at? :smile:

i am not sure to be honest...i need some help, somewhere along the lines on engineering or computing. i am predicted MMP/MMM. i dont mind doing an integrated foundation course if it comes to that.
i am not sure to be honest...i need some help, somewhere along the lines on engineering or computing. i am predicted MMP/MMM. i dont mind doing an integrated foundation course if it comes to that.

What kind of thing interests you in the different potential courses? What do you enjoy/could you see yourself doing long-term? :smile:
What kind of thing interests you in the different potential courses? What do you enjoy/could you see yourself doing long-term? :smile:

I am interested in engineering more than computing. I enjoy both but i want to engineering for the long term
I am interested in engineering more than computing. I enjoy both but i want to engineering for the long term

Possibly this might be of help then? :smile:
Possibly this might be of help then? :smile:

I like Computing engineering, mechanical engineering and electronic engineering
Anyone booked Prestige Student Accommodation “The Residence”

On the website it says they are taking bookings from 05/10/2019. Visited at the weekend, there’s no way that place is going to be ready in 2 weeks.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
I like Computing engineering, mechanical engineering and electronic engineering

I'd suggest having a look at the course profiles for those at a couple of unis then, and perhaps attending some open days if you're able to - see which interests you the most, and go from there! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone booked Prestige Student Accommodation “The Residence”

On the website it says they are taking bookings from 05/10/2019. Visited at the weekend, there’s no way that place is going to be ready in 2 weeks.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

@Coventry University might be able to offer some insight on this one :hat2:
I'd suggest having a look at the course profiles for those at a couple of unis then, and perhaps attending some open days if you're able to - see which interests you the most, and go from there! :biggrin:

All the courses have a entry grade of at least DMM where as im predicted MMM. would they take me on?
All the courses have a entry grade of at least DMM where as im predicted MMM. would they take me on?

Honestly, it's hard to say - in general I wouldn't say there is an issue with aiming for one or two unis asking for above your predicted grades, but I wouldn't suggest doing so for all of them. Generally 2 above your predicted grades, 1 - 2 at your predicted grades, and 1 - 2 below your predicted grades (depending how you split the latter two) seems reasonable to me, though I'm not sure what the 'official' recommendation is on this :tongue:
Honestly, it's hard to say - in general I wouldn't say there is an issue with aiming for one or two unis asking for above your predicted grades, but I wouldn't suggest doing so for all of them. Generally 2 above your predicted grades, 1 - 2 at your predicted grades, and 1 - 2 below your predicted grades (depending how you split the latter two) seems reasonable to me, though I'm not sure what the 'official' recommendation is on this :tongue:

okay thank you
Course: Ethical hacking and cyber security (Sep 2020)
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applying at: Derby, Wolverhampton, Nottingham Trent and Warwick
I had my Skype interview scheduled today at 9:30 AM (UK local time), been waiting for 3 hours now but no response or call received. Should I be worried?
I had my Skype interview scheduled today at 9:30 AM (UK local time), been waiting for 3 hours now but no response or call received. Should I be worried?

Do you have an email address/phone number that you could contact them on? :smile:

Hey, may I ask when you applied? I haven't had a response of acknowledgement from Coventry so I'm beginning to get concerned.

Quick Reply

Latest