The Student Room Group

English lang or literature?

I am an international student from a non English speaking country. As I have plans to study in UK, which Alevel will help me more to get admission in university? Eng Language or literature? Also, please tell the general differences between the two. I'll be doing it from CIE board
english literature is a better regarded a level than english language, however most english courses will accept both. literature is typically seen as harder than language.
english lang's a lot more technical and english lit has more analysis; though i'm pretty sure there's a certain degree of analysis you have to do in lang too. generally unis have higher regard of english lit though they're both good a level choices; i wouldn't worry too much about whether your unis'll accept your subject choices as the grades matter more. pick the subject you think you'd enjoy more as it'll be easier to put the effort in.
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
english lang's a lot more technical and english lit has more analysis; though i'm pretty sure there's a certain degree of analysis you have to do in lang too. generally unis have higher regard of english lit though they're both good a level choices; i wouldn't worry too much about whether your unis'll accept your subject choices as the grades matter more. pick the subject you think you'd enjoy more as it'll be easier to put the effort in.

Thank you, you're right! Grade will matter more
Original post by Phoenix_01
Thank you, you're right! Grade will matter more

good luck w a level choices:hugs::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending