The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships 2019 application thread

Scroll to see replies

What was the video interview like, what questions did they ask?
Original post by Mariam2701
Unilever, BT,O2, British Airways
I applied to EY too but got rejected after the video interview :frown:
What did you apply for Unilever and how did you video interview go?

Hii, if u don't mind me asking what questions did they ask exactly on the video one?
Reply 82
Which companies for? :smile:
Reply 83
Applying for a level 2 healthcare support worker one in the NHS, have been shortlisted but got a numeracy and literacy assessment on monday which i am so so nervous about. i cant do maths to save my life?

any advice????
(edited 4 years ago)
Normally the english and maths tests are quite a bit easier than level 2 or gcse. Good luck :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by danielmg
Normally the english and maths tests are quite a bit easier than level 2 or gcse. Good luck :smile:

thank u! i actually passed the assessment so ive got the interview next monday so im stressing quite a bit abt that!

theyve got me to do some research on dementia which i need to write up as they will ask me a question on it during the interview, and they said there will be group activities as well which freaks me out because im not very good at making myself stand out

i once had a job interview at river island and it was a group one and it was so weird and horrible lol, i didnt get the job lol

EDIT: i was accepted into the apprenticeship!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sendhelp20
Where do you guys go to apply and how do you find these company's offering apprenticeships also how do you know they are legit. As I read some company's mainly private ones take you for advantage and don't teach you much just use your for the low wages

As an apprentice with a private company I can 100% say that my talent is fostered and I am actively learning with my company and some super friendly people! My salary is more than generous for an apprenticeship (which is an added bonus) and my degree is being paid for so that I can still have a degree should I decide not to stay with my current company after I finish my apprenticeship (although it’s very very unlikely that I’ll move on!)
Original post by 8472
A general thread for all apprenticeship applications going in for the 2019 apprenticeship year!

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

And finally!

:woo: Good luck :woo:

I'm not to sure on what ones I am applying for however I know I want it to be along the design spectrum, e.g; design engineer. Does anyone know of any or know where I can find some because I'm really struggling. thank you :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by emily2909
I'm not to sure on what ones I am applying for however I know I want it to be along the design spectrum, e.g; design engineer. Does anyone know of any or know where I can find some because I'm really struggling. thank you :smile:

have a look on this website!
https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
u can search up design and put in ur location and it should come up w apprenticeships near u :smile:
hope this helps!
Does anybody know of any hospitality Apprenticeships?
Thanks in advance.
Have a level 3 software development interview, anyone else done anything similar and can maybe help me out?
Original post by username2013595
Business Managament,General Management, Communications, Digital Marketing ones Ive applied to so far

Yo, was just wondering if you could tell where and how you applied. I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Hey, I am looking to apply to degree apprenticeships next year (for 2021 intake), I have some questions.
What sort of tasks do you complete at work?
Is a degree apprenticeship considered a 'part time' university course?
Is completing university work difficult as you have to work a job too?
Do you need good predicted A-Level grades?

Otherwise my main problem is actually securing a position. I don't want to go to university so I really want a degree apprenticeship, but I am really scared that I won't get a position because they are so competitive.
Is it actually really hard to be accepted by a good company? eg. BT, Caterpillar, Thales
Is there anything I can do to make my applications better/ stand out? (any skills/ interests/ projects I can show)

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Original post by 8472
A general thread for all apprenticeship applications going in for the 2019 apprenticeship year!

And finally!

Hi guys, i've been an apprentice for 9 months now and it's been fantastic, however I missed the constant brain stimulation school would give me in loads different topics. However, there is a way to have the best of both worlds. For me, my friends and others alike, i created a newsletter to provide apprentices/those who have not pursued higher education the material to engage in intellectual texts they wouldn't usually encounter in their everyday lives. Hundreds of topics are covered via 3 digestible chunks via videos and articles documentaries, and even games!

its just an intellectual space where you can become more well rounded by only devoting a few minutes of your time each week.

You can find out more about how the newsletter works on this link

https://mailchi.mp/c62607a60100/monday-surf

There are of course loads of ways you can keep yourself up to date on a range of topics, i like using quora's general knowledge thread and youtube videos!

I hope this was useful!!
Reply 94
Original post by 8472

And finally!

i am aplying for pharmacy as apprenticeships are more suted for me
Reply 95
Original post by Sumaya412
What was the video interview like, what questions did they

Original post by eh22
I am looking into business what about everyone else

i am pharmacy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending