The Student Room Group

when do ppl get to choose GCSE options?

does anyone know? I thought we choose halfway through year 9/April??
Original post by csmlady
does anyone know? I thought we choose halfway through year 9/April??

You normally choose them at the end of year 9, however, this does depend on the school itself. Some decide to start their actual GCSEs in year 9, giving them more time to study etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Hazzabear
You normally choose them at the end of year 9, however, this does depend on the school itself. Some decide to start their actual GCSEs in year 9, giving them more time to study etc.

oh, I heard a teacher say we choose after our final yearly exams, so around Easter/April time, does this sound right? and then our parents check or something and they check if we have good enough compatibility or whatever as in if we have good grades for it and then the final draft is given at the end of the year, does this make sense to you?
Original post by csmlady
oh, I heard a teacher say we choose after our final yearly exams, so around Easter/April time, does this sound right? and then our parents check or something and they check if we have good enough compatibility or whatever as in if we have good grades for it and then the final draft is given at the end of the year, does this make sense to you?

It makes sense to me, yes. I cannot say if it’s right or not because I’m not your tutor, nor do I know how they work the transition from KS3 to KS4 at your school specifically.

If you’re unsure, have a chat with your teachers.
Can you please try to put your threads in the correct forum, as you have been told multiple times

Moved to GCSEs
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy
Can you please try to put your threads in the correct forum, as you have been told multiple times

Moved to GCSEs

what??
Original post by csmlady
what??

What have i said that is unclear? :smile:
Reply 7
What have i said that is unclear? :smile:

sorry but I don't understand, alot of forums seem to mean basically the same things, so I get confused on which one to put it in, because they all have very similar titles on some genres, and the emails don't help much as it doesn't let me reply and ask questions. sorry though, I guess :smile:
Original post by csmlady
sorry but I don't understand, alot of forums seem to mean basically the same things, so I get confused on which one to put it in, because they all have very similar titles on some genres, and the emails don't help much as it doesn't let me reply and ask questions, so I suggest you comment on the posts like this instead of giving random emails... just a thought. sorry though, I guess :smile:

They are not the same at all, chat is not the place to put all these threads and it is against the rules to continuously ignore the advice you have been given and just stick them all in chat. You are also compromising the quality of the replies you are going to get as experts frequent particular forums like medicine, GCSEs etc. Please stop putting these threads in chat as chat is not to ask question such as this, chat is for having a random natter with other members not to get advice. Your medicine threads need to go here and your GCSE threads need to go here.
Random emails? I haven't sent anyone any emails.
Reply 9
They are not the same at all, chat is not the place to put all these threads and it is against the rules to continuously ignore the advice you have been given and just stick them all in chat. You are also compromising the quality of the replies you are going to get as experts frequent particular forums like medicine, GCSEs etc. Please stop putting these threads in chat as chat is not to ask question such as this, chat is for having a random natter with other members not to get advice. Your medicine threads need to go here and your GCSE threads need to go here.
Random emails? I haven't sent anyone any emails.

someone sent me an email? what?? and it's not medicine?? omg... please be more clear about rules bc I don't understand at all
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by csmlady
someone sent me an email? what?? and it's not medicine?? omg... please be more clear about rules bc I don't understand at all

I'm trying to be as clear as possible but you are not understanding. This thread isn't medicine no that's why I moved it to GCSEs, however I have moved your other threads that you have made before to medicine as that is where they need to go as they were talking about medical physics. I told you this in the thread when I moved them so this shouldn't be new information to you.
I don't understand what you mean by emails, I certainly haven't emailed you (how could I when i dont even know your email address) you probably mean private messages but I am unsure why this is relevant to this conversation.
If you have concerns about private messages you need to raise them here with the admins, there is nothing I or any other volunteers can do about it.
To be within the rules all you need to do is post medicine threads in the medicine forum and GCSE threads in the GCSE forum, both of which I have already linked you in this thread so it shouldnt be very difficult.
Reply 11
I'm trying to be as clear as possible but you are not understanding. This thread isn't medicine no that's why I moved it to GCSEs, however I have moved your other threads that you have made before to medicine as that is where they need to go as they were talking about medical physics. I told you this in the thread when I moved them so this shouldn't be new information to you.
I don't understand what you mean by emails, I certainly haven't emailed you (how could I when i dont even know your email address) you probably mean private messages but I am unsure why this is relevant to this conversation.
If you have concerns about private messages you need to raise them here with the admins, there is nothing I or any other volunteers can do about it.
To be within the rules all you need to do is post medicine threads in the medicine forum and GCSE threads in the GCSE forum, both of which I have already linked you in this thread so it shouldnt be very difficult.

oh ok thanks

Moved to GCSEs

Thank you for moving it over cavy! Forgot to tag someone to ask if they could move it over :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest