The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Politics Philosophy and Law LLB at KCL 2023 Applications

Hi I was hoping to create one of these specifically for PPL because there's not many of us and it's nice to stick together!

Scroll to see replies

Bump! Could anyone provide their grades, extracurriculars and so on?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Wooo I’ve been looking for one of these!

I’m applying for PPL at KCL and my predicted grades are A*AAA
GCSE grades: 999888776
Extra curricular: A couple of MOOCs, a lot of wider reading and some non- PPL related things that might help indirectly:rolleyes:

Hope to see more people on here soon!
I'm applying to PPL at KCL with a 43/45 in the IB, 9999888886 GCSE.
I don't have any work experience (T_T), but I have attended a few lectures, done lots of wider reading and been part of Law Society.
Good luck to all :smile:
Hey!
My A-Levels achieved: A*A
and predicted: A
GCSEs: 999988877
I've done lots of work experience with local law pro bono workshops, lectures (online), books and podcasts as well as an EPQ centred on Kantian ethics and utilitarian imperatives and how they can be applied to legal decision making in modern day examples, I founded my school's law society.
I was rejected from PPL last year so I'm giving it another shot but it's not my top choice.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!
My A-Levels achieved: A*A
and predicted: A
GCSEs: 999988877
I've done lots of work experience with local law pro bono workshops, lectures (online), books and podcasts as well as an EPQ centred on Kantian ethics and utilitarian imperatives and how they can be applied to legal decision making in modern day examples, I founded my school's law society.
I was rejected from PPL last year so I'm giving it another shot but it's not my top choice.

Got rejected today for PPL due to LNAT result- I had a feeling mine was rlly bad but this truly proved it. Best of luck to the rest of you.
Got rejected today for PPL due to LNAT result- I had a feeling mine was rlly bad but this truly proved it. Best of luck to the rest of you.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for your other choices, I'm sure it'll all end up working out. I hope you don't mind me asking, what LNAT score did you receive? I'm sitting mine tomorrow and I'm stressing out haha x
Hey, I was wondering what other unis/ courses you all applied for? I'm in year 12 and I am wanting to do ppl at kings. I was wondering if you spoke about politics philosophy and law in your personal statement?
Original post by edgworthm25
Hey, I was wondering what other unis/ courses you all applied for? I'm in year 12 and I am wanting to do ppl at kings. I was wondering if you spoke about politics philosophy and law in your personal statement?

Hi! I also applied for UCL and Oxford as my main unis. PPL isn’t offered in many places though so for them I was only able to apply for Law LLB. For my backups I applied for Law with Philosophy but as a result of that I didn’t even mention politics in my personal statement. However I spoke about philosophy a lot!
How did everyone who’s applying for PPL do on the LNAT?

If you don’t mind sharing, what was your score when you found out today?
Is anyone still waiting for PPL offer?
Original post by Nunty225

Me 🙋*♀️
Me 🙋*♀️

Where else have you applied?
Where else have you applied?

Oxford, UCL, RHUL and Kent:smile: you?
Oxford, UCL, RHUL and Kent:smile: you?

UCL and LSE (waiting)
Kings Law and PPL
Royal Holloway

Looking back don’t know why I applied for two courses at kings but here we are
UCL and LSE (waiting)
Kings Law and PPL
Royal Holloway

Looking back don’t know why I applied for two courses at kings but here we are

Did you hear back from Kings Law? Or are you still waiting for both their courses🙂
Did you hear back from Kings Law? Or are you still waiting for both their courses🙂

I actually got rejected for kings law but their feedback was really weird so I assume it’s just becuase you can’t apply for two courses

Still waiting for PPL.

Got rejected from Oxford, and an offer from UCL
Original post by Emszzzzzz
Still waiting for PPL.

Got rejected from Oxford, and an offer from UCL

Lol, exact same position as you

Quick Reply

Latest