The Student Room Group

Which a level is better option???

Which a level is better if wanna become a pharmacist with my two rn chemistry and biology need a third and thinking of psychology or business which one should I pick which one is more related to pharmacy,easier,better and funner and which does more pharmacy students pick if hate maths so which is better combo if wanna become a pharmacist Chem,Bio,Psychology or Chem,Bio,Business (number 1 or 2) pls answer as soon as you can thanksss???
Original post by aryc_30
Which a level is better if wanna become a pharmacist with my two rn chemistry and biology need a third and thinking of psychology or business which one should I pick which one is more related to pharmacy,easier,better and funner and which does more pharmacy students pick if hate maths so which is better combo if wanna become a pharmacist Chem,Bio,Psychology or Chem,Bio,Business (number 1 or 2) pls answer as soon as you can thanksss???

Biology and chemistry are the ones you only really need - nice strong science subjects
The third doesn't really matter - just choose one you will enjoy
When and how did you decide you want to be a pharmacist? Was it an informed decision?
(edited 8 months ago)
My brother is at kings doing medicine (ik its different to pharm but still) Apparently its easier to get an A* in business, than psych according to ppl at my college, as even though psych considered a soft subject its lots of content which may be difficult to balance along with bio and chem. so id say take business, but theres maths inolved, not much but equations and formulas ect, and you will def get the hang of the little bit of maths involved as its simple stuff.
hope i helped xx
Reply 3
What a levels did your brother pick???

Original post by sachnalalalal
My brother is at kings doing medicine (ik its different to pharm but still) Apparently its easier to get an A* in business, than psych according to ppl at my college, as even though psych considered a soft subject its lots of content which may be difficult to balance along with bio and chem. so id say take business, but theres maths inolved, not much but equations and formulas ect, and you will def get the hang of the little bit of maths involved as its simple stuff.
hope i helped xx
Reply 4
No I’m saying what third subject should I pick if you were in my position/situation psychology or business studies i am saying which is better,easier,funner and related to pharmacy and will get better grades with chem and bio and which do Unis respect and like more from that what do you think is the right pick to choose psychology or business studies thankss for helping me out here???

Original post by BankaiGintoki
Biology and chemistry are the ones you only really need - nice strong science subjects
The third doesn't really matter - just choose one you will enjoy
When and how did you decide you want to be a pharmacist? Was it an informed decision?
Reply 5
Which is easier and tell me why here ik that economics is easy to learn but lot of essays so rule that out ik that psychology apparently talks about human behaviour,working with patients but has a lot of content like you said but what about business for example you someone who owns that like a level and your trying to persuade how would you like tell me like the PROs and CONs of the subject and tell me which is the better and easier and funner and better psychology or business studies???

Original post by sachnalalalal
hope i helped xx
Original post by aryc_30
No I’m saying what third subject should I pick if you were in my position/situation psychology or business studies i am saying which is better,easier,funner and related to pharmacy and will get better grades with chem and bio and which do Unis respect and like more from that what do you think is the right pick to choose psychology or business studies thankss for helping me out here???

Aryc_30 sorry. I, online stranger, cannot help you. This is something you must think about and deicide for yourself. What do you want? Me saying business, and you than picking business? If so, you reason for doing business is for taking ‘the easy way out’. Do it because you enjoy it. Do you truly enjoy biology, chemistry, business and psychology. Would you enjoy business or psychology more? Look at the course content, look at the A Level exam, do you imagine yourself enjoying it?
Original post by aryc_30
What a levels did your brother pick???

chem bio business
Original post by aryc_30
Which is easier and tell me why here ik that economics is easy to learn but lot of essays so rule that out ik that psychology apparently talks about human behaviour,working with patients but has a lot of content like you said but what about business for example you someone who owns that like a level and your trying to persuade how would you like tell me like the PROs and CONs of the subject and tell me which is the better and easier and funner and better psychology or business studies???

okay
psych cons:
Lots of content
lots of big mark questions like 8, 12, 16 mark questions
some statistics and calculations from results
3 papers
mentions of some biological stuff like chromosomes and genetic disorders and nerves and brain
PROS
very interesting
will undoubtedly help you with understanding people to higher levels
increased awareness on many mental health illness and disorders as well as some societal veiws, like gender effecting mental health ect

Business
CON
ESSAYS
so many 25 marks in the different sections
like every subject, lots of content but some repeats from gcse
3 papers again
lots of maths related questions, and many formulas and equations
many definitions to learn that you only ever need in a business setting, so it wont necessarily benifit you if your going into pharmacology
PRO
give you a wider understanding of enviomental, economical, ethical technological facotrs behind descision making
generally a subject that is easy to understand
depending on your skill set, an easy a
once you get down a structure for your essays you only need to know definitions whereas for psych u need a wider understanding of everything

i cant say which is easier as theyre so different, but do something ur interested in because youll do better.

Quick Reply

Latest