The Student Room Group

Tips on retaining information

I’ve been doing a levels for like 2 months now and I’ve been revising as I’m going alone so it’s easier come exam time

Has anyone got tips on how to ensure the information remains in your head becasue if I find if I don’t come back to something every couple of days I forget small details
you might already do this but ive made revision resources every time ive finished a topic so far in year 12 and ive been writing questions out to answer later (eg: what is the definition of ___ and then also essay questions) and i either self mark them or take them to my teacher to get them marked and so far it seems to be quite helpful :smile:
Original post by Gone245
I’ve been doing a levels for like 2 months now and I’ve been revising as I’m going alone so it’s easier come exam time

Has anyone got tips on how to ensure the information remains in your head becasue if I find if I don’t come back to something every couple of days I forget small details

I had the exact same problem. What I always did was study what I needed to memorise right before I go to sleep. As soon as it’s in your short-term memory, go straight to sleep, don’t look at ur phone or anything like that. After I do that and wake up the next morning it’s in my long term memory perfectly for about five weeks. Then I just look at it again ,(just re read each line 4-5 times) and it’s completely refreshed. I hope this helps and best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by uncreativedennis
you might already do this but ive made revision resources every time ive finished a topic so far in year 12 and ive been writing questions out to answer later (eg: what is the definition of ___ and then also essay questions) and i either self mark them or take them to my teacher to get them marked and so far it seems to be quite helpful :smile:

Thank you I’m gonna try this
Reply 4
Original post by Kryptonitekid43
I had the exact same problem. What I always did was study what I needed to memorise right before I go to sleep. As soon as it’s in your short-term memory, go straight to sleep, don’t look at ur phone or anything like that. After I do that and wake up the next morning it’s in my long term memory perfectly for about five weeks. Then I just look at it again ,(just re read each line 4-5 times) and it’s completely refreshed. I hope this helps and best of luck :smile:

Thanks for this it will help especially with quotes for my English exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending