The Student Room Group

Retaining Info?!

Hi everyone, I do A Level: Bio, Psych and PE and was wondering if anyone has any tips to help actually remember the information? I understand it but just fail to remember it. I DETEST flashcards with a burning passion.

Thank you!
Original post by gracie..
Hi everyone, I do A Level: Bio, Psych and PE and was wondering if anyone has any tips to help actually remember the information? I understand it but just fail to remember it. I DETEST flashcards with a burning passion.

Thank you!

Hi @gracie..

I completely understand the flashcard hatred!

I studied different subjects to you, but they were all very content heavy. I like to see all the information for each topic visually, so I used to create mind maps. They wouldn't necessarily be a standard one with a topic in the middle and arrows coming out. I liked to be a bit creative, spend a bit of time organising the information onto the paper - I liked A3 for this. I would colour code and basically do all the different revision methods rolled into one on paper. I found this best to memorize information as I could 'locate' the information as to where it was on my mindmaps.

Maybe this could work for you? Hope your exams go well!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Reply 2

Thank you!

i do exact same subjects aswell theres is a lot to learn
Reply 3
Original post by Owen jk
i do exact same subjects aswell theres is a lot to learn
There really is, Biology scares me the most honestly, there is just so much to remember.
Anki for biology. I hate flashcards but for some reason I liked Anki.
Reply 5

Thank you!

You've probably been told to use anki, and thats because it is amazing for learning information. If you hate flashcards you can use different modes like closed captions (which I use over flashcards anyway) which I feel are far more useful and dont have many of the negatives of flashcards

Quick Reply

Latest