chemistry: 7
physics: 7

maths: 7
english lang : 6
english lit: 4

business : 1
geography: 2
media studies : 7

Please write down if it is realistic that I can get all 8s and 9s in the end of GCSES as I am in yr 11 and have done my first set off mocks
and please give any tips
Reply 1
hey!

all the subjects you got a 7 in, then you can absolutely get an 8/9 - you're nearly there!

same with the subjects you got a 6 in - it will take a little more work but english lang is very subjective + biology, you just need to work on application

in terms of english lit - you can get an 8 in it, but you need to put in some hard work. learn the quotes off by heart + know the language analysis before you go into the exam.

geography is such a tedious GCSE, and i know that people say that it's so easy because you can waffle, but i never agreed with that. you need to identify the reason you got a 2 in geography + work on it. is it because you didn't revise case studies? did you use enough key words? did you write enough for the 9 markers? just figure out what went wrong + focus on that - once you have the knowledge, it's very easy to get an 8/9

business...what happened?! i think business GCSE is quite simple and i'm sure that with some work you can do well. similarly with geography, just recognise what went wrong + focus on that. business is the easiest subject to get an 8/9 in, you just need to know how to write + how to refer to the sources they give you.

Original post by aloevera4
hey!

all the subjects you got a 7 in, then you can absolutely get an 8/9 - you're nearly there!

same with the subjects you got a 6 in - it will take a little more work but english lang is very subjective + biology, you just need to work on application

in terms of english lit - you can get an 8 in it, but you need to put in some hard work. learn the quotes off by heart + know the language analysis before you go into the exam.

geography is such a tedious GCSE, and i know that people say that it's so easy because you can waffle, but i never agreed with that. you need to identify the reason you got a 2 in geography + work on it. is it because you didn't revise case studies? did you use enough key words? did you write enough for the 9 markers? just figure out what went wrong + focus on that - once you have the knowledge, it's very easy to get an 8/9

business...what happened?! i think business GCSE is quite simple and i'm sure that with some work you can do well. similarly with geography, just recognise what went wrong + focus on that. business is the easiest subject to get an 8/9 in, you just need to know how to write + how to refer to the sources they give you.

Ive never had a proper teacher for business. so you could say i have had a supply since the start of year 10 up to december of yr 11. the teacher we do have right now just puts slides and tells us to write things down, to the point where it gets strenuous and she does not even explain anything. if you have any sort of booklet or anything that i can utilize please send it because business resources are very scarce
Reply 3
Original post by PenguinLover560
Ive never had a proper teacher for business. so you could say i have had a supply since the start of year 10 up to december of yr 11. the teacher we do have right now just puts slides and tells us to write things down, to the point where it gets strenuous and she does not even explain anything. if you have any sort of booklet or anything that i can utilize please send it because business resources are very scarce

No worries - I can very much relate with you, since my A Level economics teacher barely shows up to lesson anymore! You're also right about business resources being scarce, so what I did was watch youtube videos instead. Bizconsesh was so helpful for business GCSE - just watch all his videos, make notes, and you will learn the whole course, easily.
In terms of putting this information into practice, I got the Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Business Revision Workbook. It's very useful when you want to consolidate your learning + check for weak spots. If you don't do Edexcel business, I'm sure there are other workbooks you can use.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you want any more info :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by aloevera4
No worries - I can very much relate with you, since my A Level economics teacher barely shows up to lesson anymore! You're also right about business resources being scarce, so what I did was watch youtube videos instead. Bizconsesh was so helpful for business GCSE - just watch all his videos, make notes, and you will learn the whole course, easily.
In terms of putting this information into practice, I got the Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Business Revision Workbook. It's very useful when you want to consolidate your learning + check for weak spots. If you don't do Edexcel business, I'm sure there are other workbooks you can use.
Hope this helps! Please let me know if you want any more info :smile:

Hi with your tips I went from a 1 to a 6+ in my february mocks. Now my GCSEs are in a month and Im wondering if I can push it to a 9? any good tips for that?
Original post by PenguinLover560
Hi with your tips I went from a 1 to a 6+ in my february mocks. Now my GCSEs are in a month and Im wondering if I can push it to a 9? any good tips for that?

Yay!! I'm so happy to hear that you have improved :smile:
To get a 6 shows that you know the content very well. To get a 9, you need the structure of your answers to be perfect.

With 3 markers, you need to know BLT - like the sandwich. Apologies if you've been taught this (as it's a classic in business GCSE)
'What is one impact of unemployment on a business?' (3)
BLT - Because, Leading to, Therefore
One impact on the business is that there will be a fall in demand for the product. This is because consumers have less money to spend, since they are unemployed. This leads to, fewer sales for the business. Therefore, the profit and sales revenue for the business will fall.

Let's look at the conclusion of the long answer questions:
'Which source of finance should Firm A use?'
A simple conclusion would be: 'they should use retained profits so they can grow organically and not have to pay back any interest'
A grade 9 answer: use the acronym AJIF (Answer, Justify, It depends on, Finish)
Answer: Firm A should use retained profits as its source of finance
Justify: This is because retained profits are the best way for the business to grow sustainably, and there is no requirement to pay back interest, unlike with loans or overdrafts
It depends on: However, this does depend on the firm's profits. If the firm has not yet broken even, then using retained profits would not be a feasible form of finance. Also, it is a slow process, meaning competitors who have used loans or venture capital will likely grow faster than Firm A, pushing them out of the market
Finish: Although, those firms who have used loans and venture capital will have to pay back interest or loyalties, meaning their profits fall considerably. Also their business might grow too fast for them to handle - therefore, retained profit's sustainable approach makes it the best source of finance for Firm A.

Extra
In the highest marker (very sorry, i can't remember if it's a 12 or 15 marker? or 20??) you need to read the news. Put relevant examples of real life stories in your paragraphs in order to impress the examiner and get yourself that 9.

For example, the question might be talking about the effects of minimum wage. You need to know that minimum wage increased 1st April 2024 - for 21+ it is now £11.44

Or, if they are talking about sponsorships, just think about what sponsors you have seen on TV. For example, 'Coors Light' beer sponsors some drama on Channel 4.

Keep up to date with things and this will be easy for you.

I really hope this has helped! I'm really proud of you moving from a 1 to a 6, that's very impressive 🙂 Let me know if you need any specific tips, I'm more than happy to help. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest